Computer Help forum

General discussion

Connectix AV and USB device

by themonkeymen / June 15, 2009 7:48 AM PDT

Hey, recently I was browsing a local flea market and found something that looked neat so I took it home.

It was a little triangular plastic box with a USB cord coming out and two yellow AV jacks labeled "video out" and "video in." On the front and back, it has the company name Connectix. It's model and FCC ID# is LKD8. It's patent number is 1049-660-001. Theres a barcode on it with a series of numbers, but i don't know what they are from.

I figured this could have a lot of possibilities, such as displaying my laptop screen on a tv..... displaying my tv screen on a laptop.... and stuff like that.

Unfortunately I plugged the usb into my computer and was unable to find the correct drivers and stuff to work it. I really don't know what I need, being that I don't even really know what the box does.

I googled connectix, but coudln't really find anything except reports about patent and copyright troubles and stuff like that.

can anybody shed some light on the workings of this device, as well as some of the capabilities that I could use it for? ALso, what kind of software would I need to allow it to work...

any help would be appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connectix AV and USB device
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connectix AV and USB device
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
thanks but.....
by themonkeymen / June 15, 2009 11:34 AM PDT
In reply to: I found this page

hey,

i appreciate the link, but i checked out the first two search results that looked like they would apply, and they both were fails, as far as driver installation goes.

what would happen is... i would plug in the device and after a while it would say that it can't find the drivers so then i would try to manually find them... and then browsing or whatever... they wouldn't appear on the list, so i assume there is a general problem or soemthing.

... i have vista... could that be the problem or something? i forget the name of the first driver, but the second one i tried was called cxusb.sys.... is there a certain extension that i should be looking for when working with vista?

i'm stumped and i really want this thing to work. if anybody has any ideas, please lemme know.

greatly appreciated.!

Collapse -
Vista could be the problem . . .
by Coryphaeus / June 15, 2009 9:11 PM PDT
In reply to: thanks but.....

if this is an older device, newer drivers may not have been created. You may now have a nice door stop.

Collapse -
connectix...
by jeff_windows_team / June 16, 2009 2:17 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.