Last month we needed to refresh a XP machine so we started over. I wanted to refresh my memory so I installed "XP". The one that has no SP1 or later and then the drivers for the machine. Some folk new to installing XP forget all the drivers so I'll not write more about that but head to the issue I wanted to refresh myself on.

All looked OK but our network was set to WPA2 AES personal security and no matter what drivers I tried it would not offer WPA or WPA2.

So back to Ethernet and let Windows do the 270 updates. Maybe it was 273 but that step took all day.

So all updated and installed the motherboard and WiFi driver and helper app and it connected on the first try.