Desktops forum

General discussion

Connection Problem

by mike1434 / March 21, 2007 3:38 AM PDT

Ok I just fixed my friends Dlink Wireless router I had to update the firmware on it.... well after I did I went onto his desktop which is connected via wired from the Router and I did the updates on it such as the new Internet Explorer 7.0 and after I did that I cant get a connection on the Local Area Connection Status there are very little sent packets coming it and staying at the same Received Packets.... now I need to get this computer up and running so that it works for his family he has a laptop that he uses wireless so thats what im using right now and its working fine. Can someone help me on this problem..????!??!?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connection Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connection Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What I suspect is...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2007 4:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Connection Problem
Collapse -
by mike1434 / March 21, 2007 4:27 AM PDT
In reply to: What I suspect is...

whats that got to do with the update that I did with ie 7 cause im not getting anything sent or received packets and when I ping the router I get 4 received packets when it does the ping... I still cant find a solution to this problem?..

Collapse -
Plenty. Let's say we had a BHO that ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2007 4:32 AM PDT
In reply to: ...

Hijacked WINSOCK. You updated many components and now the malware doesn't work in your newly updated Windows. I've seen this issue show up when people update machines.

-> Email me your Hijackthis file or post here from the machine in question and I'll see if there was malware listed. I won't do more than look and tell you if I see it.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.