Samsung forum

General discussion

Connection error 606 on firmware update

by wongnog / December 7, 2009 1:42 PM PST

I keep getting Connection Error 606 when trying to update my LN46B750 firmware over the network. I know my TV has a working internet connection because the widgets work fine. The reason I am trying to update over network is the support page for this TV only has firmware 1012.3 available for download, but I know there has since been a 1013 and 1016 firmware available over the network. I have read many user reports of the same connection error from other B750 owners and nobody knows why. Samsung could you please look into this, or at the very least post the most up to date firmware for this TV on your site?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connection error 606 on firmware update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connection error 606 on firmware update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
same error
by mitchellcoh / December 25, 2009 7:53 AM PST

I have the same TV and am getting the same error. It seems most Canadians are having the same problem, based on the forums I have read. Anyone going to respond to this issue?

Collapse -
same error
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 26, 2009 9:25 AM PST
In reply to: same error

mitchellcoh,

I cover U.S. product only. You might try calling the Samsung customer support center in that region.

The latest firmware is on the website.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Canada support not helpful
by wongnog / December 26, 2009 10:37 AM PST
In reply to: same error

Hi Samsung_HD_Tech,

I have already written to Samsung Canada, and both them and yourself reply with the statement "The latest firmware is on the website." However if you read my first post, this is not true. The website only has v1012.3 available, but many users have reported in this very forum that their B750 sets were notified upon network connection to update to v1013 and more recently v1016.

Why are neither of these firmwares available for download?

Collapse -
Samsung Canada support not helpful
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 26, 2009 10:53 AM PST

wongnog,

I don't control the firmware. All I know is that the latest update available is on the website.

Firmware usually fixes known issues. Are you having a specific problem with your set that requires an update?

--HDTech

Collapse -
latest firmware???
by mitchellcoh / December 26, 2009 11:25 AM PST

What is the point of this forum if it's not to provide customer service?

Neither of us have said that you control the firmware.

We have simply stated that we wanted the latest version of the firmware, that it is not available on the website, US or Canadian, and that we are not able to upgrade through our Samsung TV via internet to the latest firmware due to error 606.

Simply stonewalling us by saying "the latest firmware is available for download" which we know is not true, is not helpful.

Collapse -
latest firmware???
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 26, 2009 11:57 AM PST
In reply to: latest firmware???

mitchellcoh,

I see that you want the firmware.

If you want customer service because something is not working, such as this error code, call 800-SAMSUNG and schedule your unit for an inspection or repair.

As far as I know, that firmware isn't available, and I can't offer you a further solution.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN52B705, stuck in 1012.3 firmware
by mrblack1134 / May 3, 2010 12:08 PM PDT
In reply to: latest firmware???

Hi,

That's a pretty old issue with the LN52B750 model but I'm still stuck in 1012.3 firmware version why some can upgrade to 1013-1016-1017.

My network works (ie. youtube widgets, ...) but Software Updgrade -> By Online gives me a Connection failed (606) error all the time. I never get a popup saying in need to upgrade.

I am in Canada, and this seems to make a difference (? seems like IPs coming from the USA are more likely to get the update request... at least that's what it seems from what I gather around the Internet).

Is there any solution to that? Samsung_HD_Tech: please don't reply me that the latest version is available on the website; it isn't, latest version is 1017 and on the website is only 1012.3.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Error 606
by wongnog / December 26, 2009 11:32 AM PST

Exactly what mitchellcoh. What specific problem am I having with my set? Every time I try and update firmware over the network, I get a Connection Error 606. Please read over my first post very... VERY... carefully. It's all explained there.

Collapse -
Possible solution
by RangeShooter / May 3, 2010 11:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Error 606

606 error means that the port is not connected. Do you have a firewall set on your router? Try turning off your firewall settings and try again (remember to turn on the firewall when you are done.) The widgets are most likely using port 80 which is typically not blocked by a firewall. The TV may be requesting an update through a different port which could be blocked by a firewall. Just at thought to help troubleshoot problem.

Collapse -
HA
by Crazedman / May 5, 2010 3:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Possible solution

See, i dont know why the Tech couldn't say that!

Collapse -
Not connecting to upgrade server (Error code (606))
by fizban11 / May 13, 2010 10:30 PM PDT
In reply to: HA

HD Tech:

Thanks for monitoring. I live in Texas, not Canada. My UN55B8000 (2009) has had the upgrade 1017.2 for several months. Periodically, I check the server for an upgrade. However, I have not been able to connect to the upgrade server and I receive error code (606) which has become very frustrating. I decided to go online and manually upgrade the firmware, but the latest firmware online is 1013.

1) Why do I keep receiving this error?
2) Why has Samsung stopped posting the most current firmware?
3) How do I correct this problem?

The reason I keep checking for a firmware update is this: When I stream a .avi file, it begins to play, then stops about 1-2 minutes into the play

Thanks for some help and feedback!

Collapse -
Fizban I posted same problem and got no reply from Samsung
by parsonsrussell5 / November 4, 2011 11:19 AM PDT

Fizban,
I have the same tv with the same issue (see my recent post on Cnet forum by searching "Samsung 606 error"). Have you received any solutions or responses that were helpful? PLEASE let me know... hayesnoble@yahoo.com
Thanks, Hayes

Collapse -
un40b5000
by newemo1 / March 16, 2012 2:12 AM PDT

hola. tambien tengo este problema, desde que compre el tv no he podido actualizar el firmware y el la pagina no aparecen actualizaciones, no tengo nungun firewall y la coneccion es limpia pero me aparece error 606 coneccion fail y no se como repararlo. gracias.

Collapse -
Error 606 (Brazil)
by JaapZuurkool / July 15, 2013 11:05 AM PDT

All of a sudden I am getting the same error on my 46D8000? I have a working internet connection so that is not the problem. I also tried updating via USB but this is not working anymore as well. I never had any problems with this in the 2 years I have this tv?
Next to that I am also getting issues with Smart Hub as described on another thread: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-531053/smart-tv-network-interference-occurred-try-again-later/

Never had this problem as well. It all started when I switched on SWL (Samsung Wireless Link). I turned it off again but the issues stayed.. Pls help!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.