General discussion

Connecting Sharp HT-SB200 Sound Bar to Samsung LED TV

Hi, would really appreciate some advice on how I can connect a recently bought Sharp HT-SB200 Sound Bar System to my Samsung UA46B6000 series LED TV. There is only a Digital Audio Out available at the back of the TV, which is not compatible with the RCA cable or Headphone socket of the Sound Bar...what are the alternatives available for me?

Thanks in advance for all your kind advice!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Connecting Sharp HT-SB200 Sound Bar to Samsung LED TV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connecting Sharp HT-SB200 Sound Bar to Samsung LED TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
- Collapse -

Thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately, it does not help, as I have only one digital audio out available at the back of the TV. There's no other analog audio out available for me to use the RCA adapter or the simple headphone 3.5mm socket.

I did not realize this limitation of Samsung LED TV's design and available input/output configuration before buying the Sound Bar.

- Collapse -

Eng Hock,

You are correct, I chose a screenshot of the wrong panel. My apologies.

You might check to see if an electronic parts store in your area has a optical to 3.5mm adapter. I can't say if it will work or not (haven't tried it personally), but it may be an option in this situation. I do apologize again for the oversight.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info