Question

connecting samsung tv to wireless network

I have purchased the LAN plugin for my TV and have a router that my laptop is connected to. How can I connet my tv? I keep getting "connection failed" after putting in the information.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: connecting samsung tv to wireless network
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: connecting samsung tv to wireless network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Connecting to network

Please publish the model number of your TV and when you say LAN plugin, do you mean the wireless LAN adapter? or an ethernet cable? If you are using a USB LAN adapter, is it Samsung? Where are you failing the network test?

- Collapse -
wireless connet problem

The USB LAN adaptor is a Samsung. The model number of the TV is LN46C600F3F. I either don have the right ISP numbers or the pin numer is incorrect. The TV says it is conne ting to the wireless network, but then it says "connection failed". I have the settings on wireless.

- Collapse -
Wireless connection

First, power-cycle your network. Unplug the LAN adapter from the TV, unplug your router from its power source, then unplug your modem. Let all devices remain unplugged for about a minute. Bring the network up in reverse order; plug in the modem and let it come all the way up, then do the same with the router. When these devices are up and running, plug the LAN adapter back into the TV. Again, let everything sit for about a minute.

Once this is done, go through the connection steps again and when you select the Access Point, make sure to check how many bars of signal strength are colored in on your network. You need 3 or more bars for a stable connection.

The security key is case sensitive so you must type it in exactly as it is in your network information, remembering to shift between upper-case and lower-case letters if it contains letters.

If it does not connect run the Network Test again and post where you are failing. It could be security on your router.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

CNET Forums