Question

Connecting Samsung 7 Series TV to Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar

Hi there

Hope someone can help with this, cos I'm going round the twist trying to figure it out. 2 devices, one cable, same manufacturer, what could possibly go wrong???

I have a Samsung 7 Series TV (UE46D7000LUXXU), a Samsung HW-E450 soundbar, and a CEC (Anytime+) compatible HDMI cable.

The cable runs from HDMI 2 (CEC) on the TV, to HDMI out (CEC) on the soundbar.

On the TV remote, in Tools > Anytime+ (HDMI-CEC) shows a receiver in the device list, but it is listed as "off". If I try to switch the receiver to "on", I get a "Connecting to receiver" message, then is says the device is not connected, and the device list shows no devices, even if I refresh it. If I close the Tools menu then reopen it, back to square one!

On the soundbar remote I have pushed the appropriate button to display Anytime+ as "on".

Now the problem......

I get sound from the TV not the soundbar, but if I power the TV off the soundbar switches off. So there is a connection, just not an audio one!

The TV is on the latest firmware (001025). The soundbar is too as far as I know. There's no upgrade on the Samsung site, so I'm guessing there's only one version.

HELP!!!!! I thought sticking with one manufacturer would keep things simple, but I guess that was too much to ask?

P.S. Yes, it works fine using an optical cable, but I don't want to do this as then the volume cannot be controlled without having to use the soundbar remote.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Connecting Samsung 7 Series TV to Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connecting Samsung 7 Series TV to Samsung HW-E450 Soundbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
For now.

Call it in and based on support decide to keep or return

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Connecting Samsung 7 Series TV to Samsung HW-E450

Hey U62,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-571571/connecting-samsung-7-series-tv-to-samsung-hw-e450-soundbar/

Now that I've disclaimed that I may not know what I'm talking about, let me make a guess here based upon my knowledge of US products: you may need to set the TV to External Speaker. Follow this path: Menu > Sound > Speaker Settings > Speaker Select.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

CNET Forums