"Every driver is updated according to windows and video card manufacturer (AMD);"
Microsoft's driver update and such has been busted since about 1995. Now forget you ever saw that do the driver updates for motherboard and the rest of the machine the old fashioned way. If this is some Dell and many other models you need some helper app which is not a driver to enable features. The machine's make is eluding me so I'll stop here.
My problem is not a very original one and I've read thousands of posts in different forums (and in different countries) about it and I've tried every solution suggested... unfortunately unsuccessfully.
I'll try to be concise and straight-to-the-point but ask me as many questions you need to understand the issue. Also, I apologize for my poor English so don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear enough.
I've bought a used computer screen (not a TV) in fair condition because it was the only way to fit my budget for a large screen. When connected to a DSL TV receiver, using the HDMI cable, it works wonderfully!!! Sound and image are great and I couldn't be happier considering the old material I've bought.
However, if I try to connect my PC to the screen using the same HDMI cable and the same port on the screen, I can only get images (great quality) but NO SOUND AT ALL !!!
Here are the device's information :
- Screen : Philips BDL4231
- OS : Windows 7
- Video card : AMD Radeon HD 5450
- I've tried to connect another PC running Windows Vista and the results were about the same... I didn't dig any further with that one, it was only to test if another computer using a NVIDIA video card would be more successful;
- The DSL video receiver using the same cable and the same HDMI port on the TV works fine, sound and pictures are great;
- Every driver is updated according to windows and video card manufacturer (AMD);
- I'm interested in solutions through the HDMI cable only for numerous reasons;
- HDMI port is well selected on TV;
- Speakers on TV work just fine with other devices (DSL TV receiver for instance)
- No other input or output sound devices are installed on my PC
- "AMD HDMI Output" is selected as default device and if I put a Youtube video using Chrome as browser, and if I open the sound options, I'll see the bars moving as if sound was being sent as usual...
- If I right click on the sound speaker on the bottom right, and if I select the "sound mixer" I'll see the speaker moving up and down, eventually the chrome bar as well or wmp depending on what I'm trying to make sounds with;
- Going through control panel, I've checked that "AMD HDMI Output" is the only existing sound output device on my PC.
I might have forgotten to describe something so please don't hesitate to ask for more details.
Any ideas are welcome! Thank you for your help!