Question

Connecting a Vivo PTV42HDA TV to a Sony STR KM7600

Basically I am trying to get sound through the sound system. As it stands, as I understand it the only sound out is via the coaxial plug which I have done to coaxial plug on the back of the Sony, but I cannot get the sound to work through the system. At this stage I can only assume I am not setting the remote to the right channel for want of a better explanation.
Anyone got any polite suggestions please? Confused

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Connecting a Vivo PTV42HDA TV to a Sony STR KM7600
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connecting a Vivo PTV42HDA TV to a Sony STR KM7600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
The Vivo manual appears to be missing.

As such I have to ask you to make the user manual available to the web.

NO. Do not google it and supply sites that only preview. Give the forum a good manual.

- Collapse -
Vivo Manual

I Have a pdf that doesn't show all that much but I don't know how to attach as there is NO facility to attach a file!

- Collapse -
How to share on the web.

Think about a public dropbox link among others.

- Collapse -
Link
- Collapse -
Works! Will read and

See what I can think of.

- Collapse -
Answer
The TV has just the coaxial digital. Not optical.

But read to page 18 of your manual and we see some options for the digital format. For testing I start with SIMPLE encodings.

I see only 3 choices and one of them is OFF so that's not what we want. Try PCM then the other.

Surround Sound would be tried both on and off.

---> Now to the Sony receiver. RED FLAGS HERE. SONY WRITES!!!
"This Multi Channel AV Receiver component is sold as part of a product bundle."

This is a bad thing to read as I worry someone unbundled it and there are issues such as used, broke or more.

As such, I will proceed as if you have the full up HT-DDW7500 for Brazil.

Link to product and manual is
https://esupport.sony.com/BR/p/model-home.pl?mdl=HTDDW7500&template_id=4&region_id=8&tab=manuals#/manualsTab

The good news is that page 18 or so of https://docs.sony.com/release//HTDDW7500_PT.pdf shows the coaxial input. The bad news is this is not in English so I have to stop here with this conclusion.

Conclusion. Should work, might be only stereo and will challenge folk getting the right settings. As the Sony product is not in English I have to defer you to folk that read that language.

- Collapse -
Manual
- Collapse -
I've covered the TV as to settings.

The only thing about the theater I want to add is to be sure the "Input indicator" shows COAX.

If not, I think you'll get nothing no matter what settings. I could be wrong.

No if this all falls apart you could try a COAX SPDIF to ANALOG box ( https://www.google.com/search?q=spdif+coax+to+analog ) and that should be testable on its own with headphones before you plug it into the HT. Since that's all of stereo, well, that may be all you get from old gear.

CNET Forums