Praise

Connecting a Second Monitor laptop HP Spectre x360 15-ch001n

I have a HDMI or USB-C port on the new HP laptop. Need to connect the NEC MultiSync2690WUXi monitor, which has no HDMI port but 2DVI ports: https://www.nec-display.com/ap/en_display/old/lcd2690/index.html
I tried more cable options: DVI->HDMI, DVI->USB-C, or analog VGA->USB-C. FHD resolution works only with VGA, but that is image of poor quality. DVI can only handle 1280x780, which on a 26"display against 15" 4Kdisplay HP laptop is unacceptable. Windows10 in the monitor settings sees as GeneralPNP display and does not have a higher resolution. Graphics is AMD Radeon RX Vega M 870/4GB.
What to do with it to get it right? Or is it worth returning a laptop and choosing another brand? I don't want to buy a new monitor right now, this one has great color and picture.
thanks for advice
Peter

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Connecting a Second Monitor laptop HP Spectre x360 15-ch001n
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connecting a Second Monitor laptop HP Spectre x360 15-ch001n
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I see they offer a n269wuiv.inf file.
- Collapse -
I see they offer a n269wuiv.inf file.

...do you mean drivers for WindowsVista? Or even older XP?

- Collapse -
I didn't tell all.

monitor.inf files work on Windows XP to 10. At least they do here. I went ahead and opened the file n269wuiv.inf here to find the usual monitor.inf contents.

Remember I don't expect everyday users to understand what monitor .inf files are but the short explanation is they tell Windows about the monitor capabilities. Sure beats you trying to set it up manually.

CNET Forums