Computer Help forum


Connecting a PC to WIFI network?

by sand8888 / June 22, 2016 9:26 PM PDT


I have a 10+ years old HP PC. Recently i upgraded the CPU box with a cooler master cabinet and latest motherboard, graphics card and Processor. Earlier i was using a wired ethernet cable running from my PC to the modem so there were no issues for the internet access. Now that wired internet access is gone and we have a wifi router away from the PC.

Is there any way i can connect to wifi from my PC for internet access?
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connecting a PC to WIFI network?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connecting a PC to WIFI network?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Sure, I believe they have wifi usb dongle and...
by Oldartq / June 22, 2016 11:40 PM PDT

wifi controller card for computer. "router is away from the PC", how far away are we talking about?

Collapse -
Thank you for the reply
by sand8888 / June 23, 2016 12:56 AM PDT

The wifi router is a room away from the PC

Collapse -
wifi adapter
by renegade600 / June 23, 2016 2:35 AM PDT

all you need is a wifi usb adapter.

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!