General discussion

Connecting a computer to a Plasma in another room w/audio?

Hey guys. I am going to make a computer in a few months and I would like to connect my computer to a plasma tv in the living room. I measured the distance and it's roughly 35-40 feet or so maybe? Not extremely far. I was wondering how I could do this with AUDIO as well and is there any cheap way I could do it?

The video card I'm getting is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150438&cm_re=hd_4890-_-14-150-438-_-Product

It comes with a bunch of converter things. Dunno if any of those would help. I know my plasma supports HDMI and probably some other formats or whatever.

Thanks for your time Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Connecting a computer to a Plasma in another room w/audio?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connecting a computer to a Plasma in another room w/audio?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
We now know partially what you got, but...

we don't know what you want to accomplish. "bunch of converter things"..tell us more.

- Collapse -
Um..

How do you NOT know what I want to accomplish. I clearly said that I want to connect my video card from my computer to my plasma screen in the other room.. Does that make sense or do I need to translate it into another language?

- Collapse -
(NT) I got to change my handle one of these day, hehe.
- Collapse -
???

Dude stop posting if you're gonna say useless ****.

- Collapse -
Locked.

Try again. Such language only results in locked posts.

CNET Forums

Forum Info