Question

Connecting 4 outdoor speakers to Sony STR-K502 Receiver

I have a Sony Str-k502 Digital Theater 5.1 Stereo Receiver (http://www.amazon.com/Str-k502-Digital-Theater-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B00I0N7EOO) and my wife bought me 4 outdoor rock speakers (http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Garden-Waterproof-Granite-Speakers/dp/B003OFADNC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1459262506&sr=1-3&keywords=rock+speakers) Could i use this receiver to connect these speakers? I was planning on running two 12 gauge wires, each connected to 2 speakers in parrallel. Where would I connect the two wires in the back of the receiver? In the surround speaker outputs? Does it matter which one is Left and Right? I'm not very knowledgeable on this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Connecting 4 outdoor speakers to Sony STR-K502 Receiver
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connecting 4 outdoor speakers to Sony STR-K502 Receiver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Read about the "multi-channel" connection and setup.

I believed that should be the way. Good listening!

- Collapse -
Answer
About left and right.

I only see that matters when there is a video involved. As in the train goes from left to right and the sound follows. For almost all but the purists it doesn't matter.

CNET Forums

Forum Info