General discussion

Connected to Internet, can't access but by Mail only???

Have a iMac, intel based. Recently downloaded latest version of SpringCleaner. Used it to clean up unused disk space. Now Internet is connected. Can even check email with Mail, but no pictures in the emails. Safari just keeps loading with no results. Can't access internet with anything. Ran disk repair. Even turned off firewall. No luck. Not my router, my Macbook is working fine. Getting very frustrated, CAN ANYONE HELP????

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Connected to Internet, can't access but by Mail only???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Connected to Internet, can't access but by Mail only???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
At the risk of being sued,

I have always felt that Spring Cleaner, and its derivatives, was one of the most dangerous pieces of software out there.

Probably the best solution here is to put that CD back in its packet, stick it in a drawer and forget about it. Meanwhile, I would suggest that you dig out the OS X installation disks and do an Archive and Install to repair the damage done by Spring Cleaning.

If you are running OS X 10.6.x, then the default re-installation is an Archive and Install. Make sure you Preserve User Settings.
For OS X 10.5.x and below, the installer should give you a warning and tell you to change the installation options. Once again, choose Archive and Install (Preserve User Settings)

Good luck
Let us know how you get on

P

- Collapse -
Fixed!

I put the OSX installation disk in and ran disk utility and that did the trick. Thanks!

CNET Forums

Forum Info