Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Congressional Approval Falls

to Single Digits for First Time Ever:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/rasmussen/20080708/pl_rasmussen/ratecongress20080708

I think they are doing very poorly. I'm sure many, many here will agree. (Gee, we agree on something.) Grin This isn't a debate it's a three way poll.

Good __
Average __
Bad job __

(Probably not with the bit it's written in) "Please no discussions about politics". (I just know you'll goof it up.) Grin

Is it my imagination or isn't that data a bit, well, screwed up? 9+52 does not total 100. Grin From the first paragraph.

Despite the data errors I think we get the point.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Congressional Approval Falls
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Congressional Approval Falls
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Congress is fiddling while ....

In reply to: Congressional Approval Falls

Congress seems incapable of exercising leadership. It seems that its sole interest is political conflict and victory. It has no concern for the national interest.

Collapse -
Only the ends of the poll

In reply to: Congressional Approval Falls

The 61% are the excellent or poor; the other 39% were probably in the middle or undecided.

Diana

Collapse -
I thought they were going to "drain the swamp"....

In reply to: Congressional Approval Falls

And force gas prices down.

I didn't buy that, but I guess some did.

Collapse -
They did "drain the swamp",

In reply to: I thought they were going to "drain the swamp"....

It's easy to see where they drained it to

Collapse -
Note that Congress consistently pulls worse numbers...

In reply to: Congressional Approval Falls

than the President. You don't hear about that much in the media.

However, I take these polls with a grain of salt. Very few citizens are aware of what either the President or Congress are doing in any particular time frame. I suspect if they were Congress's numbers would be even lower and the President's much higher.

Collapse -
Not that approval numbers really meant much either

In reply to: Note that Congress consistently pulls worse numbers...

I would give Congress a 100 % positive rating right now for doing NOTHING.

Collapse -
Seeing the positive in the negative again, I see.

In reply to: Not that approval numbers really meant much either

Your a real work of art critic411. Grin

Collapse -
Seeing the positive in the negative

In reply to: Seeing the positive in the negative again, I see.

That is considered by most to be a GOOD thing.

I don't mind Congress doing nothing; I prefer it. I just wish they would shut up and get out of the way.

Collapse -
I agree

In reply to: Seeing the positive in the negative

I keep telling people that Congress should be of one party and the President of the other so nothing gets done. Wink

Diana

Collapse -
(NT) Jeremiah 10:23.

In reply to: Congressional Approval Falls

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.