Speakeasy forum

Praise

Congratulations Toni for being the author of all the rants

by Ziks511 / August 2, 2012 8:05 PM PDT

on this page.

Rob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Congratulations Toni for being the author of all the rants
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Congratulations Toni for being the author of all the rants
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks
by TONI H / August 2, 2012 10:12 PM PDT

Not enough people get credit for doing the dirty work that needs to be done......the pay is lousy, but somebody's gotta do it.

Collapse -
Is there an Olympic Gold Medal for nonsensical ranting?
by Josh K / August 2, 2012 10:53 PM PDT

If there is, Toni will win it hands down.

Collapse -
Bite me, Josh
by TONI H / August 2, 2012 11:26 PM PDT

I'm not stopping til BO is gone.........

You guys will just have 'deal' with it or ignore my posts.

Collapse -
Well, with any luck at all....
by Josh K / August 2, 2012 11:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Bite me, Josh

.....you will be frothing at the mouth for the next four years, five months and seventeen days. Maybe longer depending on who runs in 2016.

Collapse -
If I am that unlucky
by TONI H / August 2, 2012 11:49 PM PDT

then get ready for another four and half years of my rants.............

Collapse -
you'll get tired and give up
by JP Bill / August 2, 2012 11:52 PM PDT
In reply to: If I am that unlucky

You've already thrown in the towel a few times in the last 2 weeks.

Then you had to suffer the embarrassment of going over and picking up the towel, and making more posts.

Collapse -
I never give up
by TONI H / August 3, 2012 12:02 AM PDT

please link to where I 'threw in the towel' and had to 'pick it up'? I have conceded (like I just did with Grim's post of SC legislation and berated them for their action.....and I have apologized for something somewhere else (can't recall the topic now)....but I never give up. I admit when I'm wrong about something, but I don't recall anybody else here having the balls to do that when I've shown them the 'error' of their ways. Perhaps liberals don't know that the word 'sorry' is in the Webster's Dictionary because schools don't teach things like that anymore???

Collapse -
RE: please link to where I 'threw in the towel'
by JP Bill / August 3, 2012 2:10 AM PDT
In reply to: I never give up

Before I search for the post....

Do you deny that you said you weren't going to "talk to me" anymore?

Collapse -
PS....Actually Toni,
by JP Bill / August 3, 2012 2:50 AM PDT

You said (NT) I'm not talking to you anymore....A response to a post made by you. Not talking to yourself anymore. (another one of your many software glitches)...then you corrected yourself and said (NT) This was to JP

JP...that's me, correct?

Does that refresh your memory?

Collapse -
I didn't throw in the towel
by TONI H / August 3, 2012 3:38 AM PDT
In reply to: PS....Actually Toni,

I should have clarified....I'm not talking to you anymore in THIS thread. And I don't believe I did anymore. I only added the "this is to JP" because again the software glitch kicked in and my post went to the original poster instead of to you when I replied. And please don't give me crap about the glitch....it happens. I don't know why.

Collapse -
RE: I didn't throw in the towel
by JP Bill / August 3, 2012 4:23 AM PDT

YES...YOU did.

Even if you NOW want to say it was "only for that thread."

Collapse -
whatever...
by TONI H / August 3, 2012 6:02 AM PDT

When BO or anybody on the left clarifies anything he says, he gets a pass.........wonderful hypocricy onces again.

If I had actually thrown in the towel, I would have left SE again...........but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have you follow me around like a dog in heat, hon. You darn near trip over yourself trying to get the first reply in when I post....it was like that before and it's been that way again since I've come back. You liberals must have been bored out of your minds trying to debate anything since you all agree on everything.....you slobber all over yourselves just like you slobber over BO........

Like Sally Field said.........You like me, you really like me........or you would ignore everything I have to say. If it pleases you, I will just stop responding completely in SE to anything YOU post....I mean I'd hate to think I actually made your day by replying in other posts.

Collapse -
Another point...
by JP Bill / August 3, 2012 6:24 AM PDT
In reply to: whatever...

don't say Done...nuff said...then keep posting....

you slobber all over yourselves

IF we did...we'd start another forum.

nuff said. (in this thread)

Collapse -
But you're so much fun to reply to
by Diana Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 10:28 PM PDT

I love watching you try to wiggle out of your own comments. (Reminds me of Clinton's asking for the definition of is is Devil ) As for ignoring you if people don't like what you save, why don't you do the same? You can hardly wait to respond to everything.

There are times when I start to respond and just cancel it. It doesn't seem worth the effort.

Diana

Collapse -
(NT) {He told me he thinks you're cute!)
by drpruner / August 6, 2012 6:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
Hit the showers
by James Denison / August 3, 2012 10:51 AM PDT

You may find that towel you are looking for!

Collapse -
(NT) I love the qualifications you make afterwards
by Diana Forum moderator / August 3, 2012 4:24 AM PDT
Collapse -
I'm happy if you're happy, Diana
by TONI H / August 3, 2012 6:14 AM PDT

I don't know what the freak your problem is with me since I've been back, but you can drop the sarcasm in your tone because it isn't necessary since I wasn't having this conversation with you. Sometimes I think you post only to see your name in print because I don't see you actually contribute anything anywhere. You don't like me, fine.....I haven't been nasty to you, but you have in a former Moderator's opinion, come close a few times to crossing the line with me a few of the other Conservatives. When I was a Mod, I would either get a post deleted by another Mod, delete it myself because I knew I crossed the line, or I would send a link to my post to ALL of you guys so if you thought I had, you had my approval ahead of time to pull it.....NO other Mod ever did that, and you know it. I hardly see any other 'regular' SE Moderators in here but a few Mods from the other forums drop in once in a while (and I already know that a Mod is a Mod is a Mod and nobody is assigned to specific ones anymore but you know what I mean). Does that mean you have a free hand to do as you please, including using crappy tones to members YOU don't agree with? Or is it still burning your butt that I was asked to come back?

As for clarification...if I remember correctly, this is the only time I've actually done that with....you make it sound like it's an every post occurrance. How many of the liberals in here have apologized for not getting their information right and somebody corrected them? How many of the liberals here have thanked somebody for posting something they didn't know?

Collapse -
remember snipe hunts?
by James Denison / August 3, 2012 10:52 AM PDT

no shortage here. Wink

Collapse -
No, but I see that ...
by Edward ODaniel / August 5, 2012 2:10 PM PDT

you are still trying your best to medal in Jumping to Conclusions

Collapse -
But of course
by Glenda. / August 3, 2012 4:05 AM PDT

it is totally differnt when you fill the front page with your ideas? ( rants )

Collapse -
rants?
by James Denison / August 3, 2012 10:53 AM PDT
In reply to: But of course

or ramblings? It's not always easy to label it, although maybe "rambling rant" might do.

Collapse -
Diana
by TONI H / August 4, 2012 11:03 PM PDT

Reply to anything....I just think that you can take the oneliner zingers and sarcasm out of your tone when you reply to me or anybody else who doesn't agree with your 'side'. We get enough of that from members, we don't need to take it from a Mod, too. As a matter of fact, this entire thread would have been deleted from the first post in the past because it was nothing but a slam to a member. Instead, it was left standing so that more crap comments could be added to it. Have things changed that drastically over the last couple of years that bad behavior is acceptable, even from a Moderator? Granted, I have tossed a few zingers back in the last few weeks, but for the most part, I have tried to keep my posts civil....I have gotten fifteen for every one I've tossed, and they are all allowed to stand. I haven't complained to anyone about them, even though I threatened Rob over one of them, and still it was allowed. I'm not even complaining now....I just want to know why things have changed so much and I can only attribute it to 'part-time SE Mods' coming in from other forums who notice something not right and doing what an SE Mod should have done or this forum has lost all control because Angeline, DK, Roger, and Jonah aren't to be found.....and you're the only one left so you do as you please when it pleases you.

Collapse -
You're right - it's just that you're so easy.
by Diana Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 11:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Diana

I do apologize and I will do better.

Diana

Collapse -
Missing moderators
by Roger NC / August 7, 2012 10:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Diana

Don't remember if either was while you were gone.

Angeline got flooded out a few years ago and never came back.

DK got run out of his home by hurricane (I think) and never came back.

I wonder if both didn't find after they were absent a while, the conflict here was just too much and outweighed any good. .

I got married 8 years ago, moved 4 years ago from a trailer to a small house, and had something to do more pressing than spend 4 to 5 hours a day here. Maybe I should quit, since I don't have to time to keep up and often find it depressing to watch the bickering here.

And this year my wife had surgery, chemo, and died, so I've found the pettiness here not just depressing but downright offensive. So even when I've had time, I've not replied often. In fact, I've replied then cancelled it because it wasn't worth trying with most of the discussions here.

Too much here is excessively self-righteous, obnoxious, spiteful, belittling. And before anyone hollers favoritism, it's not limited to either "side". Politics in particular has divided our country so deeply the term United States is becoming increasingly inaccurate. Maybe James was right, we should do away with the federal government and all it does and let each state make international treaties/pacts with which others they want for mutual defense. Then they can all go to hell which ever way they want to do so.

Collapse -
Roger
by TONI H / August 7, 2012 8:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Missing moderators

I knew about DK and Angeline, but had no heads up or knowledge about your wife. I'm so sorry for your loss. After losing two husbands to cancer and losing my mother to an aorta aneurism a few years ago, I can understand the need to distance yourself from petty garbage that seems so unimportant. Your priorities shift without your even realizing it. Please accept my deepest sympathies in your struggle to keep going forward. I don't live that far from you and if there is anything you might need, please let me know.

Collapse -
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.
by Diana Forum moderator / August 7, 2012 11:45 PM PDT

My ex died this year and it still doesn't seem real. It seems like he should still be out there somewhere.

It must be much worse with someone you live with and love.

Diana

Collapse -
Roger, my condolences on your loss
by Josh K / August 7, 2012 11:57 PM PDT

I didn't know until you just told us.

And yeah, you're right. I belonged to another group when I lived in Texas (it was a local group geared to the area where we were living), and the sniping there was much worse than here because the TOS was a lot looser; you could insult people all day long and not get a warning or anything. Shortly after we left I stopped posting there and I noticed immediately that my stress level was down. I try not to let it get to me, and take the more outrageous postings with as much amusement as I can. I've been an SE member for almost 15 years so it's a tough habit to break.

Collapse -
Very sad to hear this personal news
by Steven Haninger / August 8, 2012 8:04 PM PDT

and, unfortunately, have reason to show personal empathy. My own self and some close family members have been struck by CA and I consider myself to be living on bonus time. Facing a fatal disease more than once has been sobering and quite a challenge to faith. I can say that it's been more difficult watching family members go through treatment than it was when receiving it myself. Sincere condolences and hope you can work through it.

Collapse -
Very sorry to hear about your wife.
by drpruner / August 9, 2012 8:03 AM PDT

That stuff is like a bad joke: 'Suffered through surgery, chemo, then died anyway.' Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?