HolidayBuyer's Guide

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Congrats to Natali and Veronica

by 2klbofun / October 14, 2009 4:34 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Congrats to Natali and Veronica
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Congrats to Natali and Veronica
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Congrats to Natali and Veronica
by wizkids32 / October 14, 2009 7:24 AM PDT

I agree congrats to Natalie and Veronica.

Collapse -
Well...
by Slikkster / October 14, 2009 8:17 AM PDT

Is this like honoring someone for their luck in the gene pool? Granted they are accomplished women in their own right, but the hotness requirement is pretty much nothing they've professionally accomplished to be congratulated for.

Collapse -
Luck, effort
by Nicholas Buenk / October 14, 2009 9:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Well...

Does it really matter what the cause is, quality is to be celebrated.

Collapse -
This list does not celebrate quality....
by paintguru / October 15, 2009 10:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Luck, effort

...at least most of the choices don't. Jade is easy on the eyes and sounds like a real geek though.

Collapse -
(NT) wow dude you are an epic nay sayer lol
by robstak / October 15, 2009 10:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Nah...
by Slikkster / October 16, 2009 1:43 AM PDT

It would be epic if I couldn't admit to how hot they were. Trust me; that's not the case Happy It just seems a little silly to congratulate someone for making a list that's really pretty shallow.

It's akin to saying "Hey, nice going! You made some geek-dude's fantasy list!" I'm not so sure I would want to be on that kind of list were I one of these women, lol.

Collapse -
its flattering tho and def done by the media all the time
by robstak / October 16, 2009 2:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Nah...

not that it makes it ok in your opnion, but imho all awards dont have to be serious...

Collapse -
What's that?
by ImYY4U / October 16, 2009 5:37 AM PDT

What is an "epic nay-sayer?

Collapse -
(NT) congrats!!!
by robstak / October 15, 2009 10:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
Meaning?
by ImYY4U / October 16, 2009 5:40 AM PDT
In reply to: congrats!!!

Meaning???????

Collapse -
(NT) congrats, meaning, congrats?
by robstak / October 18, 2009 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Meaning?
Collapse -
Epic nay-sayer
by ImYY4U / October 19, 2009 3:29 AM PDT

But what is an "epic nay-sayer?"

Collapse -
Well...
by Slikkster / October 19, 2009 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Epic nay-sayer

I'm pretty sure he's saying I am a contrarian of the highest order, particularly in this case where hot women are concerned. The gist of it is "Wow, man...who could possibly take issue with recognizing beautiful women, no matter what the context is?" I'm thinking that pretty much sums it up.

BTW, "epic" has now become one of the most overused buzz words. I just read where the NY Times inserted it in a couple of places recently. Time to move on, folks.

Collapse -
Your reply
by ImYY4U / October 19, 2009 9:31 AM PDT

That was an epic reply.

Collapse -
lol he even took time in his reply to be more dismissive...
by robstak / October 22, 2009 7:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Your reply

lol (we go back and forth so its all good, or at least i think so).

Slikkster seems to me to be the guy who you can count on to interject that something is not right with what you said- either it's lame or wrong or whatever.

He's not wrong- neither of us are wrong, he just shares the other side of the coin, consistently and often Wink (but not always, because the use of superlatives never makes for a good arguement)

but therein lies the glory of the public internet forums..

im all for it.
-karl Happy

Collapse -
Hey...
by Slikkster / October 22, 2009 8:19 AM PDT

I do not do that! Oops...I guess I just did again. Happy In all seriousness, I don't mean to try and find fault with anything. I guess I would just be more tempted to chime in when I disagree than when I agree, that's all. Or, participate when I just need some clarification. Sometimes I'm not quick on the obvious joke. So, take from that what you will.

If you're referring to being dismissive with the "epic" thing, note that I, too, used it in a post higher up. So, I'm just as guilty. It's just dawning on me that I'm seeing and hearing it everywhere nowadays.

It could be that if you don't see me in a thread, I may agree with the general premise. Reminds me of a Jimmy Buffet tune called "If the phone don't ring...it's me".

Collapse -
(NT) lol exactly :) :)
by robstak / October 24, 2009 2:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey...
Collapse -
Here, Here...
by n74jw / October 15, 2009 10:41 AM PDT

No matter how obnoxious Natali is, you have to admit she is a looker.

Collapse -
I do????
by paintguru / October 21, 2009 9:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Here, Here...

I think not.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.