1) I would setup the system by having your largest drive as the Primary, followed by the 200GB as the Secondary (your computer will run faster with the larger of the2 drives being the Primary).
2) DVD drive doesn't need a designation, as it's not a 'hard drive'.
3) Your external drives also don't need a designation (primary/ secondary, master/ slave).
I'm thinking that you saw all these drives listed in your BIOS and that's why your confused, your BIOS will always list all drives (hard drives, DVD-ROM's, etc) that are connected to your computer. other than #1, I would not be concerned.
hi i have a few drives in my pc. which do i setup as primary, secondary, master and slave. here is a list of the drives:
1. c drive, 200gb, ide, internal
2. d drive, dvd writer, ide, internal
3. e drive, 1000gb, sata, internal
4. f drive, 160gb, usb, external
5. g drive, 1000gb, usb, external