PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Confused! AMD X2 3600+ or Pentium D 945

hi... i think dis is my third post i am totally confused which one to buy a Pentium D 945 or AMD X2 3600+, i am a gamer, a very little Adobe Photoshop, and a net surfer, i will also overclock, the one which i buy. plz comment

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Confused! AMD X2 3600+ or Pentium D 945
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Confused! AMD X2 3600+ or Pentium D 945
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just pick one...

In reply to: Confused! AMD X2 3600+ or Pentium D 945

If you are going to OC them then the idea of benchmarks doesn't really mean much though there is the question of whether you want to try to get 939 or AM2 socket if you do go AMD as some of their Athlon 64 x2s are available in each type though the 939s will be going away at the end of the year. Similarly, I think Intel has plans to stop making some of the Pentium Ds soon.

Regards,
JB

Collapse -
its AM2

In reply to: Just pick one...

my comp dealer said that its AM2 athlon dualcore 3600+, (there are now athlons other than 3600 in my city, there are only semprons, i hate them)i wanted to ask you is it a good desicion to buy it, because, i am living in UAE, Dubai, and in dubai, the computer shops are giving this AMD X2 3600 AM2 processor for 480dhs, and the pentium D 945 processor for 625dhs, and i also asked them about intel core 2 duo e6300, they said its price is 900dhs, and i have a budjet of full desktop with monitor till 2000dhs(545$), .... so which processor should i buy till 680dhs (185$)...please tell

Collapse -
My choice...

In reply to: its AM2

would be to take the AMD. If in a year or two you decide to upgrade then there are likely to be a few options there that may not be if you take the Pentium D as I'd doubt that the board you'll get would support that kind of upgrade.

Regards,
JB

Collapse -
thnks man!

In reply to: My choice...

now i will take a AMD X2 AM2 3600 processor, i think it would be great for gaming and multitasking, so do u knw which mobo should i purchase (price under 85$)

Collapse -
Not really....

In reply to: thnks man!

Collapse -
with this mobo can i upgrade if i want a amd quad core in

In reply to: Not really....

future??

Collapse -
Possibly...

In reply to: with this mobo can i upgrade if i want a amd quad core in

Link to other forums discussing this. Will it hold? That's the big question.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.