Laptops forum

General discussion

Confused about notebooks

I am planning to buy a note book; but I don't know should I go for Dell or other brands like Toshiba/ Acer/Fujitso etc.

Any suggestions??
I am plannning to spend not more than $1500 and want a note book with Intel processor/at least 512ram and DVD writer etc.
Thanx

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Confused about notebooks
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Confused about notebooks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE:

In reply to: Confused about notebooks

You don't need $1500 for that. Dell 6000, Compaq R4000, Compaq M2000Z would be good choices. Fujitsu would also be a good choice. Stay away from toshiba. TOo much complaints.

Collapse -

In reply to: RE:

Thanx

Collapse -
don't touch that dell

In reply to: reply

Collapse -
fujitsu s6231

best notebook i have ever owned and i've had six dells and two compaq's. go to fujitsu website and buy it direct. for performance, battery life, light weight, perfect display, and everything you could ask for in a laptop i'd go with this one.

Collapse -
One suggestion

I am new to laptops, but have a Dell PC, had a Gateway PC prior...just bought a really nice laptop from HSN...Gateway, with your specs...++++ more. Includes software that gets you started...unlike if you buy direct from some of the bigger companies...you have to purchase all separately...and it adds up. Look on HSN for their deals...QVC has Dell. Good luck.

Collapse -
Haha QVC...

In reply to: One suggestion

Comments about the previous posts...

-Dell is fine. They sell and make alot of them so they are alot of complaints/issues/problems. But chances are that your computer from Dell will be fine.

-QVC. Please don't buy a computer there, look online for deals or newspaper flyers. QVC and other online shopping networks are focused around a particular audience, one that doesn't know much about technology per say. Your better off doing your own research and looking around yourself. Basic office, photo, and security software are standard with a computer purchase today.

-As for Toshiba, they don't make as many computers but there are alot of complaints from customers, so there is obviously a problem. You want to try your luck? Buy a toshiba lol.

-Any of the other companies/models suggested; Dell 6000, Compaq R4000, Compaq M2000Z, fujitsu, etc. Those are great computers. Also look at HP. You can buy alot for $1500. Have fun shopping!

In regards to laptop specs, if you want mobility(lighter and longer battery life) go for an Intel Centrino or AMD Turion 64 cpu. If mobility doesn't matter then any regular P4 or AMD Athlon 64 would work. If you are concerned with being with the latest technology go for 64 bit for the future, i.e any AMD 64 cpu. If you wait you maybe could get 64 bit Intels or even dual-cores in a laptop. Theres alot happening in the computer industry these days. I was just watching Bill Gates' Biography on the the Bio channel lol. It was very interesting.

Hope that helps.

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: Haha QVC...

I thank all of you guys for all great tips and insights

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.