General discussion

Conflict between wireless phone, N+ router and modem

Ever since we got a new Panasonic Dect 6.0 wireless phone system, phone calls have suddenly dropped. We have a Belkin N+ router and an Arris modem through Comcast. The modem just kicks out, the router kicks out, then the Modem and router automatically restart and the phone works again.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Conflict between wireless phone, N+ router and modem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Conflict between wireless phone, N+ router and modem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The modem restarts?

That's truly odd. The comcast modem I have has battery backup power and has never restarted in 2+ years. Something is truly amiss here.

I don't see it but thought I'd add a thought here.
Bob

- Collapse -
WAG causes

The only think I can think of if using the same Hz range, like 2.4Ghz, etc., that it maybe overriding one or the other since very close physically to each other. That's not suppose to be a problem but if power of wifi may strongarm the other and cause problems. Since multi-based phones tend to "register" thier base, it maybe seeing the router or any other similar based Hz wifi as a lost handset and ties to re-init. it and make contact. This is a WAG on my part but nothing surprises as I see similar problems in hi-density areas where wi-fi is in constant use, but most users really can't do anything other than check their setting an if optional, select another channel. I exclude other possible wifi issues or poor cabling.

tada -----Willy Happy

CNET Forums