1. No, it's the automatic updater.. See #3.
2. Yes, I "Keep Temporary Files On Computer". It allows java to work a little faster by using a "cache"..
3. I disable this entirely.. (UNCHECK "Check for updates automatically") I don't want it "phoning home" all the time.. Because I check periodically, I simply download the new version when it comes out.
4. Not relevant if it's not checking for updates automatically, but I choose "Never Auto-download".
Hope this helps.
Finally got with the program and installed Sun Java using Grif's directions from 04/13/2007.......about time methinks
Some basic elementary questions to guide me in the right direction as I familiarize myself with the program:
1. Do I need Jusched in Startup?
2. Temporary Files Settings -- "Keep temporary files on your computer" -- should I leave option unchecked or clean cache manually on a regular basis? (I have the instructions on how to do this.)
3. Update Notification -- I selected "before downloading" and "check for updates automatically" (once a week).
4. In Advanced\Settings\Auto Download, I selected "prompt user".....or should it be "never auto-download"?