Resolved Question

Configuring Indoor & Outdoor Networked Speakers

My question is: What solution would you suggest to stream music from iTunes to multiple speakers throughout the house (inside and out)? Would you use a networked receiver (such as the Denon AVR-1912), would you connect an Apple TV to a non-networked receiver, or would you suggest something else entirely?
Discussion is locked
nedzz has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Configuring Indoor & Outdoor Networked Speakers
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Configuring Indoor & Outdoor Networked Speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
You could simply add an Airport Express to the mix

Apple TV isn't even necessary. That might be the easiest way since you seem to want to stick w/ the Apple ecosystem, and really are only looking for a way to connect/route the signal to a device. This would allow you to keep your current receiver if you like. Plug and play for the most part. Run a simple digital optical cable out from the airport express (small adapter piece required from Apple) to the receiver, and switch between speaker pairs as you see fit. Done Wink.

- Collapse -

I was on the fence about doing just that, and I think your suggestion for adding an Apple TV makes sense. Thanks for your help!

CNET Forums