Samsung YP - K3 is recognised by default in Windows XP as long as WMP10 or above is installed, without any of Samsung's software installed. If you don't want to use Samsung's software, you can simply drag and drop MP3 files and folders into the Media/Music folder of the MP3's file structure.
However, I tried the MP3 player on my other box running W2000 and despite installing Samsung's software, Windows did not recognise the device. To use the device on W2000, you will have to:
1) Unplug the MP3 Player
2) Install WMP9 on the machine, and possibly Microsoft's .net software
3) Download Microsoft's MTP support software for W2000/W98 from this link: http://www.asotus.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=3 - Click on the link Creative ZEN Vision:M Windows2000 & 98 and save the file.
4) Extract the files and read the ReadMe file and follow the instructions
- the device specific VID/PID entry for the Samsung K3 is: "USB\VID_04E8&PID_5081" - and
- the edited line in the .inf file will read: "%Test.DeviceDesc% = Test_MTP, USB\VID_04E8&PID_5081"
5) Once the software is installed, plug in the MP3 player and Windows will recognise the device. You may have to point the device installing dialogue at the XXX.inf file that you have created and saved in C:\WINNT\inf.
If you want to use WMP to organise your music, fire up WMP9 and you should then be able to see the MP3 player in WMP and add/remove files.
To use Samsung's Media Studio with the player in W2000, run setup.exe located on the installation CD in the folder: Program\Media Studio
I tried to update the drivers for it in my PC, but it just says "hardware could could not be installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software"
What should I do now?