General discussion

computer usb ports won't recognize any printers

I hooked up my HP printer directly to my computer using a usb cable that was working yesterday. Vista 64 bit OS won't recognize any printers (have tried 2 different printers) on any of my usb ports. I tried reloading the printer software, and uninstalling the usb drivers from device manager and reloading them, and nothing works. All use to work yesterday. I tried using a wireless print server, which works great from my laptop, but when I tried the desktop PC it wouldn't load the connectmgr.exe file and it's .dll files it needed. A helpful buddy said to remove the printer drivers and then reinstalling them. I did just that and no more printing from this PC. I managed to get the print server software to work. I just copied the necessary files from my laptop to my desktop and the print server works OK now. but doesn't recognize any printers. Everything still works good from my laptop. I finally got the printer software to load after many tries, but windows Vista still doesn't recognize any printers from any usb connections on my desktop PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: computer usb ports won't recognize any printers
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: computer usb ports won't recognize any printers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info