- Could you explain what you mean with 'system restore' and 'system recovery'? It's uncommon for system recovery to mention 'back up data'.
- Your data shouldn't show in Program Files. So that's quite OK. Most people store a lot of data (but not all) in their Documents folder. Where were all your data?
- What did you use drive D: for?
- Talking about backup: tell us about your backup routine. Your data should still be in Dropbox or on the DVD's you burned them to.
- And, most important, what's your problem? If you can go into Computer, I'd say you should have working desktop at least. What doesn't work?
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?