Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

computer problems--need help please

by pamelj / April 20, 2007 7:36 AM PDT

A few months ago I had so many problems with my computer I just had to re-install everything including my Windows XP and eventhough I did I still am having problems with my computer wanting to keep installing certain files which appparently aren't on the original XP disc at all anywhere...to some photo stuff but I have differant photo software program that I do use called HP Image Zone. My computer is a Compaq Presario Laptop 2005 also it is suppose to have built in wireless capability but I can not get it to work-can anyone tell me how to make that work--I pressed the little blue button and tried connecting to a wireless network---even asked someone else but he told me my computer won't allow me to upload a certain driver or something I needed(?) I'm not very computer savvy and had bought the computer brand-new and have learned all I know on my own..so I could really use as much help as possible-thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: computer problems--need help please
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: computer problems--need help please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I try to tell you
by PudgyOne / April 20, 2007 10:46 AM PDT

what you need to know.

We'll start with the wireless part. Your laptop has wireless capabilities. It will connect to your wireless router.

Do you have a wireless router? If not, then you'll have to plug it in until you purchase one.

You say you are having problems with your photo program. I also have HP Image Zone. I had problems with this program. The problems were caused because I downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 7. You will need to go back to Internet Explorer 6.

Sign in with an unrestricted account.

Click on start

click on settings

click on control panel

click on add/remove programs

check show updates

go down near the bottom of the list and look for Internet Explorer7

Click on Internet Explorer 7 and click on remove. You will be prompted with a message saying that these programs were installed after IE 7 and may not function properly, tell it ok and still remove it and follow the instructions.

Restart nyour computer.

Now try your HP Image Zone program. If it works correctly then you're done. If not, get out your HP Camera disk and reinstall the program.

Restart your computer and everything will now work.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Collapse -
I do have a wireless router
by pamelj / April 20, 2007 12:50 PM PDT
In reply to: I try to tell you

I do have a wireless router Rick and I will do the other that you told me about thank you

Collapse -
To connect to your wireless router
by PudgyOne / April 20, 2007 1:05 PM PDT

hook it up using the ethernet cable and the instructions that came with it. After you have the router setup correctly, then enable WPA security.

Also make sure that you have the radio enabled and can login to your router.

Rick

Collapse -
Did this didn't work
by pamelj / April 22, 2007 5:22 AM PDT

Did this and it didn't work I still get these boxes trying to upload where there are no files or discs that I have to upload they are for photogallery and fax to be exact....now what do I do?? It delays me even going on the internet as I need to click cancel on each box about 8 times each in order to cancel them out to continue on...it is getting so frustrating I'm about to just trash out my 1,200 laptop and go buy a 500 desktop.

Collapse -
Make note of the error messages
by mercerik / April 22, 2007 7:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Did this didn't work

When you get error messages, do you write down what they are? The reason I ask is because it would be easy to figure out what the problems are if I know exactly what to fix. When you get error messages, it tells you what to look for say for example c0000013. You have to write those down so you could go to your manufacturer's Knowledge Base to get a fix. Without those, finding a solution would be like finding a needle in a haystack. If you could give me the exact Error Message that you got, then I can research it for you. Write down everything and tell me what they are and I will help you find a solution. With the release of the new Vista and Internet Explorer 7, a lot of people have been experiencing problems with software incompatibility. I would suggest that you read the Error Messages and we'll start from there. Don't give up so easily. What are you gonna do, buy a new computer everytime you have Error Messages that you find hard to resolve?

Hang in there!

MERCEDES

Collapse -
Photo Gallery
by PudgyOne / April 22, 2007 9:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Did this didn't work

comes with the HP Camera.

Put the camera disk in and reinstall the program. Before you do this, you may have to go to the task manager and end program.

or

If you remember when you started to get this error with Photo Gallery, then use system restore to go back in time. If you use system restore, you'll have to make sure to update your virus program and Windows mupdates, if there were any.

Rick

Collapse -
But I have HP Image Zone....
by pamelj / April 30, 2007 12:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Photo Gallery

I have HP Image Zone which came with my HP PSC 2355 .... My camera is a Kodak which I don't use the software in the computer for except the memory card which I upload into my computer into HP Image Zone...and I have np with that ...

Collapse -
I had re-installed..still not corrected
by pamelj / April 30, 2007 1:40 PM PDT

Still my problem persists with the fax and photogallery wanting to upload...each time I turn on my computer...I've even re-installed my complete software for my HP PSC 2355 which has my HP Image Zone on it and just today I went on the HP website and updated all the possible updates I needed for for the HP Image Zone and the driver for the printer too...still no change..I'm still baffled -- any other suggestions anyone?

Collapse -
HP Image Zone Problem
by mercerik / April 21, 2007 2:25 PM PDT

You mentioned HP Image Zone. Do you get "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c" or "ehExtHost.exe - No Disk, or No Disk in the Drive"? If this is your problem, you will have to update HP Image Zone to resolve it. Go to the link and download the fix at HP. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-39280-2&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1141251&dlc=en&lang=en

I had this problem recently. The download fixed the problem.

Hope this helps!

MERCEDES

Collapse -
HP Doesn't give me no msg it is okay
by pamelj / April 22, 2007 5:24 AM PDT
In reply to: HP Image Zone Problem

My problem isn't with HP Image Zone...it's with missing software I guess that my computer thinks I should have somewhere on it for some reason but it didn't come with?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?