General discussion

Computer Monitor Video Viewing Help!!!

I just recently rebuilt my computer and went from windows xp to windows 7. Before rebuilding my computer my monitor was working fine. I did a complete rebuild of everything (motherboard, ram, harddrive, OS) Only thing i kept was the case.

Currently in my new system the monitor works fine except when I try to view any sort of video. It doesnt matter what program I use the same issue happens. I have an Acer AL1916W. When trying to view video the screen video image starts moving all over the screen even outside the video program window.

My system has a 1TB Western Digital 7200rpm harddrive with SATA, 4gb DDR3 1600 Ram, Geforce 6150SE nforce 430 on board graphics.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Computer Monitor Video Viewing Help!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Computer Monitor Video Viewing Help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sounds Like An Updated Video Driver Is Needed..

You'll need to install the latest Windows 7 compatible driver for your video card.. If there isn't one available, try the latest Vista driver for the card.

And make sure you set the appropriate default optimium screen resolution for your monitor. It should help.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Thanks

I updated the driver like you said and the problem with video is gone. However now when I am in IE and typing the screen blinks after each letter I type

- Collapse -
And Were All Other Hardware Drivers Installed Correctly..

You make no mention of installing the correct, Windows 7 compatible motherboard/chipset drivers, audio drivers, ethernet drivers, etc.. If you haven't done so, please give it a try.

Tried switching in a different keyboard?

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums