General discussion

computer locks automatically

If mouse remains untouched for a few seconds, my computer gets locked automatically. The message "picture image as appearing in start menu, below that my name svsabnis, below that locked.
and below that switch user." When I click picture image or my name display of whatever site I was, turns on. To overcome this problem I have set hibernate and sleep period as NEVER. But the problem persists. Any participants/expert may be able to advise as hoe to overcome this problem.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: computer locks automatically
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: computer locks automatically
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try Power Settings

Open Control Panel - in the upper right corner, if View by "Category" is shown, change it to "Small Icons" - then open "Power Options" (2nd column). Select "Balanced (recommended)", then on the left side of the window click "Change when the computer sleeps" (or 'Choose when to turn off the display') - Select "Never" for both the Display, & "Put the computer to sleep". - Restart your PC.

Hope this is all it takes to solve your problem.
...pjdc3

- Collapse -
computer locks automatically

Thanks pjdc3 for your valuable suggestion. I have already undertaken this exercise and set power option, hibernation and sleep,as NEVER. I have already indicated this when I posted this topic. But it does work. The problem persists still.Any takers ?

- Collapse -
window locks automaticacally.

I had undertaken this exercise. But the problem persists,

- Collapse -
Exercise

OK, the simplest didn't do it. Are you using a laptop, or wireless mouse with a Low Battery? That may also cause your computer to Hibernate.

- Collapse -
MS Hibernation Page

Maybe this Sleep & Hibernation FAQ page will help you.

No personal experience, but I've heard a USB keyboard can cause this problem... updated drivers solve it.

- Collapse -
windows locks automatically.

Thanks for your advice.

a participant of Microsoft community forum has give an answer to this problem which seems to have worked. The answer was.
Right click on the desktop
click on personalize
click save screen
Uncheck 'on resume, display log on screen.'
After undertaking this exercise the problem stands resolved.

- Collapse -
Problem Solved

Glad you found the problem, & thanks for sharing the answer with the rest of us.
...pjdc3

CNET Forums

Forum Info