Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

computer keeps freezing

Dec 28, 2008 11:30PM PST

Hi

My pc keeps freezing randomly. To get the system to work again i keep having to do a control,alt delete and then press x twice.
I have reinstalled windows but that has not worked. My virus software picks nothing up.

Any ideas

Rustyrat

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Which Computer?
Dec 28, 2008 11:40PM PST

A little more information about the computer, laptop/desktop, operating system, brand name and model number, age of the machine, etc. would sure help.. And if this is the same computer that you've posted about recently, please try not to make new posts about similar subjects.

In the meantime, if reinstalling Windows doesn't fix the issue and especially if it's the same laptop mentioned before, then I'll guess that hardware is the issue.. Either the power supply or motherboard need to be replaced. Heat is a common culprit with laptop computers.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Freezing
Dec 28, 2008 11:42PM PST

The computer is a desk top Advent 91000 series that is about 2 years old.

- Collapse -
Ah, You Already Posted About That Computer Also..
Dec 29, 2008 3:56AM PST