General discussion

computer keeps freezing

Hi

My pc keeps freezing randomly. To get the system to work again i keep having to do a control,alt delete and then press x twice.
I have reinstalled windows but that has not worked. My virus software picks nothing up.

Any ideas

Rustyrat

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: computer keeps freezing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: computer keeps freezing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Which Computer?

A little more information about the computer, laptop/desktop, operating system, brand name and model number, age of the machine, etc. would sure help.. And if this is the same computer that you've posted about recently, please try not to make new posts about similar subjects.

In the meantime, if reinstalling Windows doesn't fix the issue and especially if it's the same laptop mentioned before, then I'll guess that hardware is the issue.. Either the power supply or motherboard need to be replaced. Heat is a common culprit with laptop computers.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Freezing

The computer is a desk top Advent 91000 series that is about 2 years old.

- Collapse -
Ah, You Already Posted About That Computer Also..

CNET Forums

Forum Info