Sometimes they have a BIOS in the making to cover issues so be sure to ask.
My method for such hard to trace issues is to swap cards and boards along with clean installs. Let me share my Windows 10 install routine.
1. Update BIOS.
2. Set BIOS according to the manual or maker.
3. Install Windows. Let it update.
4. Install the drivers in order from motherboard, audio then video. Then the other drivers and apps.
5. If you suspect driver issues, disable Windows Driver Update which is not to be confused with Windows Update and how is on the web.
6. If the video drivers are suspect, use DDU (again, what is and how to use is on the web) to clean out all drivers and install the version noted to be stable.
7. If the issue only occurs on a game or two, research that. Time and time again I've tracked game crashes to settings in the game with the help of the game's support forum.
OS: Windows 10 Pro
Motherboard: ASRock x399 Taichi
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8-Core Processor 3.80GHz
Video Card Original: ATI Radeon HD 5870
Video Card New: RX 5700
While playing Overwatch with original video card, the screen went purple with black lines, flickered and restarted the machine.
The screen remained black, the monitor light flashing like it was in power saving mode.
Installed latest chipset drivers.
Installed video card drivers, and instantly restarted back to black screen, multiple restarts didn't help.
Repeated the reinstall process to make sure. Same thing as soon as video card drivers were installed.
Removed video card, reinstalled Windows, and waited a 3 days for the new video card.
I was on the computer browsing the web in this time, and once or twice a day I would get blue screens of death.
After each one, I would search online and follow the solutions people had.
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
KERNAL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION
INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
Replaced video card with the RX 5700.
Installed latest chipset and video card drivers.
Installed games: Overwatch and Shadows of War.
Scanned drives for errors, ran stress test on RAM, CPU and GPU - all good.
Started up Overwatch, played a game. Started up Shadows of War, blue screens of death.
DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (x2)
KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
One of the fixes for one of the codes said to run Verifier, which caused a bsod loop, so reinstalled Windows again.
Tried running Verifier again: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION. Another loop, another reinstall, but used a differnt copy of windows in case the first was corrupt.
After two more Windows reinstalls, with only the drivers and games, I haven't received a bsod, but it does the restart to black screen(monitor in power down mode).
A restart often goes to white screen and locks up, and second restart it starts normally.
Currently it has only had one crash in the last 24hrs(IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL), which makes it harder to know if something I've tried has worked.