Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Computer isn't recognizing Zen Vision: M correctly

I bought the Zen vision about 4 months ago and it hasn't given me any problems until now. I tried to connect it to the computer, and it did recognize it to a point (i.e., it brings up the MTP Media Player window asking whether or not I wish to organize, synchronize, etc), but the explorer that comes with it, the Sync Manager, and the firmware upgrade will not work. Nothing related to creative will recognize the player.

I reinstalled all the software that has come with it, and I have had no major hardware or software changes since the last time I've used it. I would appreciate any help offered and if something doesn't seem clear please ask.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Computer isn't recognizing Zen Vision: M correctly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Computer isn't recognizing Zen Vision: M correctly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hint.

In reply to: Computer isn't recognizing Zen Vision: M correctly

Not a word about the host PC? It's a common item to look at this issue but I never ask for details since at every post you make, these words...

Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Common issues are motherboard drivers and trying the rear ports.

Bob

Collapse -
Relevant Specs

In reply to: Hint.

Windows XP Pro
Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Crossfire support
ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200
ENERMAX Liberty 500W PSU
G.SKILL Value 2x1GB DDR400
Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular) 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz socket 939
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series 7.1 Channels
LG Combo Black DVD/CD Drive
Microsoft Curve 2000 Black USB Wired Ergonomics Keyboard
Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

Creative Zen: M 30GB. Version is 1.40.02(I think this is the firmware version)

Relevant creative programs installed:
Creative MediaSource 5
Creative Sync Manager
Zen Vision:M Media Explorer

Collapse -
Microsoft wouldn't fetch those noted drivers.

In reply to: Relevant Specs

A common oversight. Who installed this OS? Do they know to install motherboard chipset drivers? Would they go get updates from Asus?

Bob

Collapse -
I think it has something to do with my creative programs

In reply to: Microsoft wouldn't fetch those noted drivers.

I'm just not sure how

I installed the OS, and the ATI xpress 3200 chipset doesn't require any huge chipset drivers like via & nvidia, but I have updated all the necessary drivers for usb, Ethernet, etc. I've updated the BIOS as well.

Collapse -
New Direction

In reply to: I think it has something to do with my creative programs

I don't think the problem is anything as grandios as USB or Mobo problems, but something more related to a specific piece of software missing from the recognition process. I may just be talking out of my butt, but maybe this will help narrow down the problem.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.