Computer Help forum

General discussion

Computer Freezes Randomly During Gameplay

by harrissteven / March 1, 2009 2:41 PM PST

Hello All,

My Name Is Steven And I Have A Computer Issue

So Here Is The Deal My Computer Freezes Randomly During Gameplay,The Sound Sometimes Sputters For A Few Seconds Then Stops. The Computer Becomes Non Responsive, Even If I Hit The Power Button On The Case. The Only Way To Shut It Down Is To Pull The Plug, Which I Don't Want To Keep Doing. I'm Not Overclocking Anything.But Here Is The Catch It Won't Happen All The Time. I Have No Idea Why Its Doing This. Here Are The Specs On My Computer:

Windows Vista Premium 64 Bit OS
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core Processor 2.20 GHz
EVGA NForce 730a Motherboard
4.00 GB OCZ DDR2 800MHZ RAM
500 GB SATA Western Digital Hard Drive
EVGA GEForce 9800 GT 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card

The Games That Freez That I Am Playing Are:

Call Of Duty World At War
Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway

I Also Play These Fallowing Games But They As Of Yet They Have Not Froze The Computer:

Hitman Blood Money
Flight Simulator 2004

My Motherboard Has A Temp Meter And It Never Goes Above 35 Degrees Celsius Under Load. 35 Degrees Celsius Is About The Highest I'v Ever Seen It. Any Help Would Be Great

Thank You Steven

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Computer Freezes Randomly During Gameplay
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Computer Freezes Randomly During Gameplay
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That sounds like a very new machine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2009 9:23 PM PST

Why not take this back to its maker and ask them to fix it?

Collapse -
Because I Built IT.... LOL
by harrissteven / March 2, 2009 8:10 AM PST

Yeah I Built This Computer From Scratch, I'm Not New To Computer Building, But I Am Also No Bill Gates.... LOL

Collapse -
use benchmarking/burn-in tools to figure it out
by ramarc / March 2, 2009 8:40 AM PST
Collapse -
Passmark Test
by harrissteven / March 2, 2009 1:06 PM PST

The PassMark BurnInTest 6.0 Test Passed

Collapse -
Stress Test Done
by harrissteven / March 2, 2009 1:48 PM PST

The Prime95 Test Went Fine, I Ran "4 Workers" For About 25 Min, And No Crash, Now I Am Downloading The 3rd And Final Test

Collapse -
All 3 Tests Are Complete
by harrissteven / March 2, 2009 3:02 PM PST

All The Tests Are Complete And No Issues, I Have No Idea What The Problem Is. Would The Sound Card Have Something To Do With This?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?