So the OS can be from 7 to 10.
The 4x refers to the speed of the drive. It's a silly requirement since 1x would work too.
1080p, 1080i definitions are on the internet but no laptop has 1080i. You'll be shopping 1080p.
I've never found accounting to push a CPU too hard when it came to the titles you listed. Here's a list of Amazon laptops with 1080p displays.
I need a computer (laptop) to do bookkeeping - specifically, QuickBooks and Taxwise. I'd like to go with the max recommended specs, since I hope to grow my business. I'll also use it for email, and connecting to my television to watch internet tv on a larger screen. No gaming or anything complicated. I don't need or like the touch screens.
Per their web sites, I need:
(1) Operating system - Windows7 or 8.1 (but don't all new computers have Windows 10? And would that work?)
(2) Processor - Intel Core i5 or greater, 2.8Ghz minimum
(3) RAM memory - 8gb for Taxwise, 8gb for QuickBooks
(4) Available Hard Disk Space -3gb on solid state drive for Taxwise, min 2.5gb for QuickBooks
(5) Computer monitor display - 1920 x 1080 per Taxwise (what is 1080p or 1080i?)
(6) Browser - Internet Explorer 11 (isn't the browser free?)
(7) And, what's a "4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations" per QuickBooks? I'm sure that doesn't mean I need 4 disk drives.
Which laptop do you recommend? What's the minimum I can expect to spend? What do I get for the extra $?
I'll also be getting a wireless keyboard and mouse, is there any reason not to get the cheapest?
Anything else I should consider?
Thanks for your help.