Question

Computer blue screen of death , stop code: 0xc000007b

Dec 30, 2016 8:16AM PST

So I have this blue screen restart loop and i couldn't access my desktop , it happened when I moved my pc to a different place , I tried fixing the problem my self and ended up making it worse here is what I tried and did :

Tried system recovery and it said there is no recovery point

Tried restarting and of course it didn't work

Found out that the error code : 0xc000007b is a hard drive problem
So I tried messing with the sata settings in the bios , after restarting it wouldn't boot , I am afraid that I bricked my pc

"Also this pc is built by me "

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Computer blue screen of death , stop code: 0xc000007b
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Computer blue screen of death , stop code: 0xc000007b
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try
Dec 30, 2016 8:43AM PST

1. Setting the BIOS to defaults?
Today I rarely change the BIOS from defaults on new builds since the owner may never figure out a custom setup.

2. 7B has dozens of causes besides a bad HDD. I can also cause the 7B by changing the HDD MODE from SATA to IDE EMULATION. Sometimes it will corrupt the OS and I have to reload. I only did this to test a possible cause and we were ready to reload.

- Collapse -
Answer
error code 0xc000007b
Jan 23, 2017 2:05AM PST

Just searched and found some guides. The error can be resolved. Just have to follow some simple steps.

1. Reinstall the Application
2. Run as An Administrator
3. Fix Compatibility between Application and System
4. Check Your Hard Disk
you can read more and fix error code 0xc000007b here

- Collapse -
Re: fix
Jan 23, 2017 2:40AM PST

The first three certainly don't apply here, since it's a restart loop, not an error running an application. The possible hard disk error already has been mentioned above.

- Collapse -
Thanks
Jan 23, 2017 3:33AM PST

oops looks like I misread. I googled about it and you are right.

CNET Forums

Forum Info