HolidayBuyer's Guide

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Computer assoc eTrust EZ Antivirus r7- upgrade error

by tcantrelln / November 8, 2004 9:43 AM PST

Long time user-paid subscription etc, updated last month to 6.3.0.9 / engine 11.6.0.0 , email notification today of upgrade to r7 (?), downloaded, made sure a good restore point was in place, installed, and afterwards always got a "Fatal error 3" ( sig file update listed in the log), tried a bunch of times, restored, old ( by one month) version present/active/ hit auto download-same size sig file comes in and installs fine. emailed CA, wondering if anyone else sameo-sameo..system= WinXP-Pro-Sp2, no problems, regular scans, Spyware clean, online scans yesterday, all clean now...??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Computer assoc eTrust EZ Antivirus r7- upgrade error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Computer assoc eTrust EZ Antivirus r7- upgrade error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Computer assoc eTrust EZ Antivirus r7- upgrade error
by badabing / November 8, 2004 10:28 AM PST

This kind of thing is why when my license expires - I'm going elsewhere! I got a different but similar problem.I have near zero tolerance for any program I pay for that gives me problems,I don't give a damn whose fault it is.

Collapse -
by Marianna Schmudlach / November 8, 2004 11:22 AM PST

I just found this info:

If a user doesn't want to upgrade EZ to v7, versions 6.1,6.2 and 6.3 can be made safe to the archive vunerability by updating the one ArcLib.dll file that is noted in the email.

Antivirus V7 and the new version of the Arclib file together with instructions re downloading and installing both can be found at this CA site

click here

HTH

Collapse -
Thanks-
by tcantrelln / November 8, 2004 11:54 AM PST

I was at that page and didn't notice the link for getting the Arclib file by itself...didit/done. staying Non V7 for a while---

Collapse -
You're Very Welcome ;)
by Marianna Schmudlach / November 8, 2004 12:30 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks-

I "thought" that file would be important Wink

Collapse -
by Bob__B / November 8, 2004 9:37 PM PST

W98se

I installed r7 about a month ago.
My opinion to be blunt,,,it sucks.....
This level was designed for joe six-pack, ie. click on go and it works.

Anyway enough of the rant.

CA only charges me 10 bucks a year and it's just a matter of time until r6 goes no support so that's why I went to r7.

The first thing I did was to uninstall r6 (make sure you have your license # and password written down) then do a little manual cleanup then d/l r7.

That procedure worked for me.
For w9x users r7 uses more resources then r6. Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.