General discussion

computer and ipad syncing problems

Hi,

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: computer and ipad syncing problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: computer and ipad syncing problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I like the answer at link.
- Collapse -
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the link you posted. I understand that there are some formats that cannot be used, but the sync still completes. When I check music under the device ipad in itunes, the music is there. After I disconnect it thought, I am unable to find the music at all. Nothing is listed and nothing can be found.

- Collapse -
When the iPad is connected to the laptop

and you select the iPad in iTunes, you see a list of music. Is that correct?

- Collapse -
ipad dock

That's the thing. When I launch the ipod app there is no music there. The podcast aren't there either. There is nothing in my library on the ipad even thought the sync says it was successful.

- Collapse -
Does the ipad have disk mode?
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1478 shows a checkbox of interest.

Now while all the files will land there, any file there will not show in the iPad player apps. This can confuse some folk.
Bob

CNET Forums