Phones forum

General discussion

Computer

by wad1224 / April 2, 2005 1:45 AM PST

how do I run my computer in safe mode?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wrong forum??
by John.Wilkinson / April 2, 2005 12:10 PM PST
In reply to: Computer

I may be wrong, but I think this is the Handhelds forum.

Windows XP: Restart your computer. When you see the message "Please select the operating system to start," press F8. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

Windows XX: Restart your computer. Once a picture appears, continually press F8 until a Safe Mode option appears.

In the future, please, please post in the correct forum so that your question can be properly answered. This, and many other rules, are listed on the "Forum Policies" page.

John

Collapse -
An answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2005 11:56 PM PST

Silly, but works.

A safe mode could be to unplug the power connections and place the computer into a lead lined 22 ton block. Now place it about 1,200 foot underground in the hermetic bomb vault.

It's now safe.

Bob

Collapse -
easy answer
by sirvanalmasi / January 20, 2006 5:57 PM PST

when your computer turns on press F8 then from there using arrow keys click safe mode.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.