Cameras forum

General discussion

Comparing the Canon 20D to Nikon D70

by Marty McGinty / April 6, 2005 11:17 AM PDT

I am novice photographer and like to take pictures of my kids playing sports. Just wondering if there is a big difference between the two and how easy they are to use.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Comparing the Canon 20D to Nikon D70
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Comparing the Canon 20D to Nikon D70
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The D70 was known as the Canon Rebel killer. It was not
by Kiddpeat / April 6, 2005 2:15 PM PDT

designed to compete with the 10D, and certainly not with its successor the 20D. I can't speak for the D70, but the 20D is very easy to use.

Looking at the specs. The 20D has an 8meg sensor while the D70 is 6meg. The 20D can shoot 5 frames per second of high res jpeg while the D70 is 3fps at 'normal' res jpeg. The D70 has 5 point auto focus versus the 20d's 9 points. The 20D has a maximum ISO of 3200 to the D70s 1600.

Collapse -
Not in the same category DSLR
by jump1127 / April 7, 2005 1:37 AM PDT

Canon 20D and Nikon 70D aren't in the same rank, regard all the features. Nikon 70D has so much higher noise while taking pictures at the very high ISO, low light condition. You can compare them at www.dpreview.com. See how different the pictures' quality of each camera are.

Collapse -
20D 0r D70
by Bookem / April 20, 2005 12:22 AM PDT

Hi. I am no professional photographer. I had a point and shoot 3 weeks ago. I now have a 20D and the shots on auto are perfect. Due to the ease of he camera, my manual shots have approached and even surpassed auto in quality. Very easy to get creative with the 20D. I can't give you a comparisson as I don't have both cameras, but if it's any consolation I would buy my 20D all over again.

Collapse -
Comparing Canon 20D to Nikon D70
by Marty McGinty / April 21, 2005 11:16 AM PDT
In reply to: 20D 0r D70

Seems like everyone aggrees that the Canon 20D is the way to go when coosing between the 20D and the Nikon D70. Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.