Another version of it seems to have worked at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Scroll-Num-Lock-and-Caps-Lock-LED-s-blinking-and-battery-not/td-p/303391
Be sure to try both methods and then what next? Change the parts you haven't changed.
I have a Compaq Presario CQ40 that was working perfectly with Windows 7 home then all of a sudden it won't boot.
When you start I get nothing on the screen and after about 1 minute all you get is the Cap lock light and Num lock light continuously flashing. The CPU fan starts and then stops after a few seconds.
I have done these things to try and fix it with no luck.
- all power off and battery out, hold start button down for 30 seconds and the restart
- taken motherboard battery out for 60 seconds then restart
- checked all conectors internally to see that they are connected
- swapped RAM around
- Put new RAM in
- disconnected all H/W like HDD, DVD, Wireless, speakers and restart
- Put a new CPU in
- the HDD working as an external drive on another laptop
- tried another power supply
Nothing seems to work!!!!!
Can anyone suggest anything more that I could try?