Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

by Big Steve / March 28, 2008 6:27 PM PDT

I've had Comodo Boclean installed on my computer but it was acting up last night so I went ahead and uninstalled it thinking I could reinstall it. I went to CNET Downloads.com looking for it but couldn't find it. I don't remember the version but it was malware protection. Is it still around or no longer available? If it's no longer available what other free download from CNET could I install to take it's place?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: COMODO BOCLEAN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: COMODO BOCLEAN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You can get it from Comodo website
by Donna Buenaventura / March 28, 2008 7:15 PM PDT
Collapse -
Re: You can get it from Comodo website.
by Big Steve / March 29, 2008 5:28 AM PDT

Thank you very much and I did. I have another question for you and if I need to post it in another forum let me know. I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 notebook which I dropped in January 2008 and managed to mess the monitor up, can't see a thing now but lines. It is powered down at the moment but still connected to a router.

Once I brought it to the room where I'm working from a Dell desktop; disconnected the LCD monitor which is normally connected to the desktop and reconnected it to the notebook; weird experience but it worked and by doing so I was able to update the free AVG AV and AS on the notebook as well as the Comodo.

Should I still do that about once a week or not worry about it since I'm not able to use it now that the monitor on the notebook is shot? I just want to make sure that nothing could come back and infect the desktop which I'm now using more since the notebook's monitor went down in January 2008.

The notebook is now 2 years old, I hate that I dropped it and Dell offered to fix it for $368.00 USD + tax, I told them no. When the time comes I'll just have to buy me another notebook I guess, just can't decide which one to buy but I want to buy one with an OS of Windows Home XP with SP2, no Vista. Thanks for the link to Comodo's website.

Collapse -
You're welcome.
by Donna Buenaventura / March 29, 2008 9:04 AM PDT

If you are keeping it... it's best to keep it up-to-date (monthly security updates, virus and spyware definitions, firewall program update and others).

If you want to maintain it, you might want to check for second hand or used laptop LCDs that will cost little but you know the difference between 2nd hand over Dell's offer - warranty and/support.

I'm not sure if Dell's outlet has returned/used laptop LCD, but you might want to check it out at http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

"The notebook is now 2 years old, I hate that I dropped it and Dell offered to fix it for $368.00 USD + tax, I told them no. "
Have you review the limited warranty or the included warranty when you got that notebook from Dell?
Is it 1 year only?

Collapse -
Re: You're welcome.
by Big Steve / March 29, 2008 9:26 AM PDT
In reply to: You're welcome.

The warranty on the notebook expired in April 2007.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?