Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Communication Resources is not Present

by faisal_mubarak / June 22, 2007 6:55 PM PDT

I am using Windows XP. Over the last few days, i am getting window showing ' Communication Resources is not present or is being used by another application'. i am trying to fix out this problem trying to close or end session but not successfully. Can anybody tell me that how to resolve this problem. Thanks Faisa Mubarak

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Communication Resources is not Present
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Communication Resources is not Present
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Please tell us more
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 22, 2007 9:06 PM PDT

When does this window show, and what program is displaying it?

Does this error prevent you from doing anything, if so what?

What do you use to prevent hackers, and guard against viruses and spyware?

Mark

Collapse -
by faisal_mubarak / June 25, 2007 5:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Please tell us more

The message is come after say 4-5 minutes and not related to any software application program. If i am not using any application on my Computer, it also come. Also, i use Mcafee, Ad-ware Personal Spyware for securing my computer. While surfing or working on any application, the window does frequently come and irritate me. I hope its help

Thanks

Faisal Mubarak

Collapse -
More scans may be an idea.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 25, 2007 5:27 AM PDT

Thanks for that faisal.

This message isn't bringing up any useful hits on Google, so it's a bit of a mystery. But it looks like "something" is trying to connect to the internet.

Does your McAfee include the Firewall? If so, McAfee may keep logs of attempts by unknown applications to connect to the internet in its logs. You could open up McAfee's main program and search for the logs and inspect those.

In addition, I would goto two online scanners, one at Housecall, http://housecall.trendmicro.com to scan for viruses as a backup check, and let it remove everything it finds, and the other an anti-spyware online scanner at http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/
You will need to use Internet Explorer for the Ewido scanner to work.

Your Ad-ware Personal Spyware is not one I have heard of. Is it Lavasoft's Ad-Aware? If so, it doesn't really cover all types of spyware and so you should consider improving your spyware detection.

Do you keep your McAfee anti-virus definitions up to date?

Mark

Collapse -
by faisal_mubarak / June 25, 2007 5:45 AM PDT

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AND HELP.

FAISAL MUBARAK

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.