General discussion

Columbine copycats seems alls not rosey in canada

by Mark5019 / March 18, 2005 1:39 AM PST

Boys plotted to hit Saint John High, police say

Richard Foot, with files by Mike Traikos
CanWest News Service

March 18, 2005

1 | 2 | NEXT >>

SAINT JOHN, N.B. - Three teenage boys have been arrested for allegedly conspiring to seize control of a school and methodically murder some of its students and teachers.

Police found gunpowder and other material used for making pipe bombs at the boys' homes and believe the youths had practised making bombs.

The boys, aged 15 to 17, were Saint John air cadets and their alleged plot was planned for April 20, the anniversary of the 1999 Columbine High School massacre where 12 students and a teacher were killed.

At a Saint John bail hearing for the two eldest teenagers on Wednesday, police Constable Rick Russell said the boys were plotting a "planned takeover" of Saint John High where one of the boys is a pupil. The other two are from Harbourview High.

He said

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=e1cb2caa-7ffa-4863-aa59-3ada842d84bc

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Columbine copycats seems alls not rosey in canada
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Columbine copycats seems alls not rosey in canada
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mark....
by Angeline Booher / March 18, 2005 2:02 AM PST

It is terrible that such a plot was conceived, though mercifully discovered in time.

The first school shooting (prior to Columbine) by a student took place in my state, during which a teacher, a sister-in-law of one of my neighbors, was one of those slain. There was another such event at another school after Columbine.

Thus I think it is inappropriate to present the story as a dig at Canada. Such things are a tragedy anywhere they happen.

Angeline

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
well thats your opionion
by Mark5019 / March 18, 2005 2:05 AM PST
In reply to: Mark....

i think its terible how the anti american crowd does the same.

Collapse -
I totally agree, Mark !
by Angeline Booher / March 18, 2005 2:41 AM PST

But isn't it time for somebody to stand up and say, "No more!'?

There is no evidence from all of those sorts of posts in SE that they change anybody's mind. They just make for hard feelings, exchanges of insults, and flaming.

I'm sure you recall the days when we could discuss important (and unimportant, though fun!) topics without sniping at one another.

Angeline

Collapse -
you can say that no more but
by Mark5019 / March 18, 2005 3:15 AM PST

thats not going to work, they make these outlandish acusations and were supposed to ignore it.

sorry i fought and saw men die to let that bs have a free ride.

Collapse -
So because you were in Viet Nam you have declared war on
by Ziks511 / March 18, 2005 3:48 AM PST

anybody who disagrees with you, regardless of the fact that you live in a democracy where free speech is guaranteed. Is that because you are the possessor of all wisdom or annointed by God or something, or is this something you took on yourself?

I'm just trying to figure out why the two things are joined in your mind, especially when we're talking here about High School students in either Newfoundland or New Brunswick. Why does Viet Nam and your personal crusade come into it?

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
Rob....
by Angeline Booher / March 18, 2005 6:40 AM PST

Isn't it time for somebody to stand up and say, "No more!'?

There is no evidence from all of those sorts of posts in SE that they change anybody's mind. They just make for hard feelings, exchanges of insults, and flaming.

These exchanges have got to stop, and who started the whole bit doesn't matter.

Angelline

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.