General discussion

Colorado Girls Get Help to Pay Court Judgment Over Cookie Gi

DENVER (AP) - Two teenagers whose anonymous gift of cookies sent a frightened woman to the hospital - costing the girls $930 in medical claims - have gotten donations to cover the bill and vowed Thursday to "keep giving."
"We aren't discouraged by this," said Taylor Ostergaard after receiving a donation.

"We felt sorry for her and we still feel sorry," Jo Zellitti added. "We didn't want to cause this lady any harm at all."

The pair, both 18, decided to bake cookies as a surprise treat for neighbors in July, placing them outside with big paper hearts stating, "Have a great night," and signed, "Love, The T and L Club

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB5WYMU15E.html

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Colorado Girls Get Help to Pay Court Judgment Over Cookie Gi
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Colorado Girls Get Help to Pay Court Judgment Over Cookie Gi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hurray !!!
- Collapse -
Isn't it wonderful how the younger

people are so full of (thinking) enthusiasm? If left to pay it themselves, they might have learned a valuable life's lesson.

- Collapse -
yes the lesson is that some people

are a holes like that lady and hubby

- Collapse -
Or some ...

... young little darlin's have learned that if you play the press right you can be lauded for being idiots Sad

Evie Happy

p.s. I think the girls intended well. I also think they were STUPID in the manner they went about it. And hearing one on radio leaving out so many pertinent details can only lead me to believe that they have caught the bug of their 15 minutes.

- Collapse -
Yeah, two things no one denies, I guess:

(1)The woman was frightened by (2) banging on the door, but no one there.
Both relevant to the small claims finding, and note that the judge declined his (apparent) option of "punitive damages," which usually presumes intent to harm (or to be stupid! Happy )
We live and we learn, some more easily than others.
Regards, Doug in New Mexico, where we never do each other kindnesses; end of problem. Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info