The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

CNET's James Kim Missing

Hey folks, this isn't a joke,

Our beloved MP3 editor James Kim is missing along with his family while on vacation in the Pacific Northwest. James, his wife and two children left last week on a road trip to the Pacific Northwest. They were last seen in Portland on Saturday November 25th, where they visited with friends. He was last heard from by a hotel clerk at 5:45 PM Saturday 11/25 and may have been near Salem, Oregon, and said they were about five hours away from Gold Beach, Oregon.

His family has filed a police report and we are currently working with the San Francisco Police Department, which has opened a missing persons investigation, to help in any way we can. We are also working with local news station who are planning to air stories tonight in the hopes that more visibility will help locate the family.

We are all very worried about James and his family. If you know anything about James' whereabouts, you can contact the SFPD by calling 415-558-5508 during normal business hours and 415-553-1071 after hours.

Thanks for your thoughts, and if any of you are in that area of Oregon and know anything, please please call the numbers above.

Thanks,

Tom

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CNET's James Kim Missing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CNET's James Kim Missing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Oh damn, that's not good. *shakes head*

In reply to: CNET's James Kim Missing

I hope you can locate James as soon as possible, it is pretty scary when one of your friends suddenly go missing.

Since I know most of your local stations in San Fransisco-San Jose-Oakland DMA are owned by the networks themeselves, there is a possibility the story will go national, and therefore broadening the alert nationwide and help find James Kim.

My thoughts and condolences are with his family, and the CNet family.

Collapse -
our prayers

In reply to: Oh damn, that's not good. *shakes head*

i hope it is everything ok with him and his family, and everyone will find him tomorrow...
sometimes people just go missing!

people outside US can't do much, but i'll contribute sending some positive energy and good thoughts...

Collapse -
I really hope they find him soon.

This is kinda scary. Who knew innocent people could suddenly go missing? This feels like some sort of horror movie.

Collapse -
I think it's weather related

In reply to: I really hope they find him soon.

The Pacific Northwest had some bad weather recently.

I will keep thinking positve thoughts and they will be in my prayers.

Collapse -
My first thought

In reply to: I think it's weather related

My first thought was exactly that - weather related. They've had some pretty nasty storms up there. Hopefully James will have a whole bunch of high tech equipment with him to help in his rescue if he is lost or disabled somewhere: GPS, Cell Phones, etc. But sometimes it's more of the simple things they will need for survival for any period of time such as blankets, layers of clothes, a bit of food etc (there will be plenty of water with all the snow). I'm willing to bet they would have most of those things in his car if he was on vacation.

Barring anything sinister involving people, I should think his odds of being found safe and sound are pretty good, provided an accident didn't place their lives in jeopardy.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
NW search crews know their stuff...

In reply to: My first thought

I've met some search crews from the North West, they know their stuff and if they need to get involved, I'm sure they'll get the job done. I've done a search for a missing kid with my fire dept - it's a very empowering thing. I'm sure those directly involved are going to do as much as possible for James and his family's health and safety.

Collapse -
I think it's weather related

In reply to: I think it's weather related

I hope he didn't get caught in the snow and is just having trouble reaching his family and friends. Lets hope he is safe soon. That is shocking to hear that he is missing.

Collapse -
Hopeful prayers

That's terrible. Thanks for sharing. We are praying.

Collapse -
It's on Twit.tv...

...so thousands of people will probably know about it within 24 hours.

Collapse -
(NT) My best wishes in finding them; thoughts, prayers...

Collapse -
Ditto.

In reply to: My best wishes in finding them; thoughts, prayers...

My thoughts are with James' family and everyone at CNET.

Collapse -
In Portland

We had some terrible weather and high winds here last week the caost was pretty thrashed with wind. Business in Salem were closed the other day becasue of the black ice and extreme cold (snow). I hope all is well and I wonder why he isnt answering his cell phone.

Collapse -
Same here...

This is scary, I'll definitely be praying for their safe return.

Collapse -
My thoughts are with him and his family.

This is horrible news. Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding of some kind.

Collapse -
Not a misunderstanding

In reply to: My thoughts are with him and his family.

Collapse -
Prayers...

I sincerely hope it is only the weather... Please return safely, James.

Collapse -
May fate be with them

That can be a nasty area to drive in in bad weather.

Collapse -
***?

This story literally sent chills down my spine. I just sent out the alert to the only people I know in the NW. I hope Mr. Kim and his family are found safe and sound.

Collapse -
anyone know someone at the Oregonian newspaper?...

Collapse -
(NT) i will pray for their safe return...we need to have hope

Collapse -
(NT) I'll be praying for the Kim family tonight

Collapse -
Praying For the James Kim Family!

I will definitely be praying for James Kim and his family! I live in the NW (WA) so I'll be keeping my eyes open. We've been having very bad weather here, lots of snow and cold temperatures...so that could possibly a factor.

Collapse -
More info

Collapse -
please be safe...

In reply to: More info

i hope james and his family are safe too. my prayers and thoughts are with him and his family and for their safe return.

Collapse -
This is the first time...

In reply to: More info

Anyone that I've heard of has gone missing. I hope he is all right. My first reaction was that it was scary, but now I just hope to god nothing goes wrong.

-Shantanu

Collapse -
Come home safely, James

God bless

Collapse -
My thoughts are with him

Hope James and his family are ok. Up in Washington, we have been having some bad weather, so it is probably related to that. Hope we see him again soon.

Collapse -
Sorry to read this...

...and I hope they're all found safe and sound.

Collapse -
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family

My hopes are for the safe return of him and his family.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.