Mac OS forum

General discussion

Cnet mac forum

by Perezbleu / February 18, 2008 8:23 AM PST

I was just wondering why there are no help stickies on this mac forums such as windows to mac switch tutorials, performance guide,tips to buying macs, does and don'ts, I would love to see such things on this mac forum.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cnet mac forum
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cnet mac forum
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
These are user contributed forums
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2008 8:30 AM PST
In reply to: Cnet mac forum
Collapse -
by Perezbleu / February 19, 2008 9:04 AM PST

Hey Bob! Thanks for your help. I just finished a piece I started and wanted to post. How do I get it to be a sticky?

Collapse -
You make it and if it meets a few criteria...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2008 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: Kool

Either our Mac expert or maybe I will "saint" it.

Take a close look at the welcome crafted by whizkid. Notice it's meant to be rather "timeless" and has not much other than the welcome and the invite for the content to be added later.

We can't edit it so it has to be "just right." The replies can be deleted by us so you or others can add to the sticky and we can delete an out of date item as the member wants to replace it.

Its an odd system but it seems to work.

Collapse -
by Perezbleu / February 19, 2008 9:41 AM PST

Okay I will get right to it.

Collapse -
Not bad at all
by tleMega / February 19, 2008 2:07 PM PST
In reply to: OK

Went ahead to make the first post :D. Hopefully this will be able to help new Mac users in the future. Glad to see a sticky here.

Collapse -
Bob, mind if I add stickies to the other two Mac forums?
by tleMega / February 19, 2008 2:09 PM PST

Seeing as hardware differs from software, and the actual system, I figure they could be useful there too. Just thought I could help out some.

Collapse -
Always welcome to try.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2008 9:24 PM PST

I'd try to get a little better formatting. The less lines the better so to compact it but don't create one of this monoparagraph hard to read things. The welcome in this forum and the camcorder are good examples.

Collapse -
Created a Mac Hardware one
by tleMega / February 20, 2008 7:44 AM PST
In reply to: Always welcome to try.

hope it's to your liking ;).

Collapse -
by Perezbleu / February 20, 2008 8:19 AM PST

Wow!! I am so excited about the new turn to the mac forums. I honestly do appreciate everyone's hard work for making this happen. All we have to do now is keep it alive.

Great job guys!!!

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?