Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

CNet & copy-paste ?

Win XP Home edition
FF

I got a response to something I posted on the forum. BUT, the page that gave me the response I needed, the page won't allow me to highlight, or copy, or paste.

I have printed things in the past from CNet forums with no difficulty, but somehow there is a block.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Katie

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CNet & copy-paste ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CNet & copy-paste ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Strange...

In reply to: CNet & copy-paste ?

Copy/Paste hasn't been disabled, so I hope this isn't another glitch in the system. I'd try the following:

* Try loading another post in the forums, such as this one, and doing a copy/paste...may just be that post? (Which one?)

* Try reloading that reply and see if you can copy/paste...the page may have loaded improperly previously.

* It may have been a glitch with the browser or an installed extension, things that are usually corrected by exiting Firefox and relaunching.

* Try loading the reply in internet Explorer and see if you can copy/paste...there have been some Firefox-specific issues with the forums recently.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Seems to be fine, except that one

In reply to: Strange...

Thanks, John. I was able to copy and paste your email without any problems. Still can't on the other. Who knows? Shrug.

Katie

Collapse -
Care to share. . .

In reply to: Seems to be fine, except that one

the link? On occasion what looks like text is really a graphic/picture. And text there will not copy/paste.

Collapse -
Happened once to me using FF

In reply to: Strange...

I had done just what John mentioned - exited and relaunched FF. Must have been a glitch with FF. It hasn't happened since.

HTH

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.