Resolved Question

CNET app not working on my S4 or IPad 2

The CNET apps that I have on my S4 and Apple IPad 2 do not work all of a sudden. The S4 says that it cannot connect to the internet (everything else does with wifi and phone data) and my IPad just shows the CNET screen and a spinning circle. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, re booted, etc. Any suggestions on how to get past this? Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
danrad55 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: CNET app not working on my S4 or IPad 2
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: CNET app not working on my S4 or IPad 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Also got right in.....

.....using the Cnet app on my S4. Not sure what is causing your problem. Any trouble accessing the internet from the phone to other sites ??

- Collapse -
Seems like the issues have been resolved

When I tried the apps on both of my devices late yesterday and this morning, it looks like they are working. I do not have an explanation as to what was done to resolve this, but this thread can be closed. If anyone knows how this was resolved and could explaine it to us, it would be great.

- Collapse -
Answer
CNET app not working for me either

It's not working on my iPhone 4 either, since yesterday; just the spinning circle. What's wrong, CNET?

- Collapse -
Which app are you asking about ???

Hard to offer advice without more information.

- Collapse -
I'm talking about the main CNET app for iOS...

...as opposed to the CNET Reviews app for iOS, which is working fine. Like the OP says, I've rebooted the phone and deleted and reinstalled the app several times, to no avail.

- Collapse -
What else would you need?

Both Official apps that will not work now but worked before were downloaded from The Play Store and iTunes. Both devices allow me to use browsers to access CNET. The app on my S4 says no internet connection available and my IPad just has the opening screen with a spinning circle on the page. Both devices have been shut down and restarted before and after uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. Still neither allow access to CNET? I will be happy to provide you with additional info if I can. Thanks

- Collapse -
I had no issue on my iPhone.....

....when I accessed Cnet through the internet via www.cnet.com from my iPhone 4.

- Collapse -
OK, it's finally working for me now....

...and I didn't have trouble with any other apps or trouble accessing CNET on the Internet. Strange!

CNET Forums