Speakeasy forum

Question

CNET

by SpaceCadet11 / September 13, 2012 7:45 AM PDT

Is cnet an american or canadian web site?

Thank you for your responses
Bye
SC

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CNET
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CNET
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'm going with International.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2012 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: CNET

Folk can access it from all the world and the ISS.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
It's American based, CBS is the parent company now.
by Ziks511 / September 13, 2012 11:16 AM PDT
In reply to: CNET

Which should tell some of the folk here that it's not a Liberal Bastion.
But as Bob says, it's accessed from all over the world, it has had moderators from Israel, the UK, Holland, and some Canadian participation beginning, I think, with myself, an ex-pat American/Canadian. There are a couple of other regular contributors from Canada.

I try to inject some Can-Con (that's Canadian Content folks) periodically, but it rarely goes anywhere. James Denison who doesn't like me, posted a story about the Legionnaire's Disease outbreak in Montreal, claiming it was due to a dirty city. Since he's never been there, I don't know where he got the idea.

As an ex-patriot American who disagrees with the direction the US took under Bush, I've come in for a fair amount of abuse, but I recognize that as the myopia of people who haven't lived anywhere else than the US, and haven't had to cope with learning a different system of government, and learning to appreciate the differences between the US and Canada.

I actually wrote a long piece today called "There's no place like home. I don't mean there's nothing better, I just mean there's no place like it", about being from the Baltimore area originally, and now living the past 28 years in Canada and 4 years in the UK. It took me nearly 10 years to get completely acclimatized (though I still hate the really bitter winters, thank heaven we haven't had many recently). Living in a country is like living with coloured glasses on all the time. You move to another country and eventually the colour changes, and you see new things, and old things in a new way. I'm grateful for the opportunity to see things anew.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?