Samsung forum

General discussion

CLX 3175FN: "System Error Cycle Power" - Was Under Warranty

by MinionTech / December 6, 2010 7:38 AM PST

Hi,

My printer broke under warranty. I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and reported, but now am without any assistance. I went through a series of calls asking for people to send in a fuser or fuser sensor and was told each time that somebody would call me back. That never happened after five or six similar calls - compounded by my reluctance to mail it in - and now I'm stuck with a printer that only works some of the time. To make matters worse Samsung claims not to have a record of most of my calls! Today a manager named Raj told me I was out of luck and that although he had the authority to fix my printer he would not do it.

Here's the technical problem, and what I'd more realistically like a hand with.

Manufacturer: Samsung
Device: Printer
Service Ticket #: 2007502475
Model #: CLX-3175FN/XAA
Purchase: October 2009
Died: July 2010

This printer worked admirably before one day giving an error along the lines of (approximately) "Heat Error Power Cycle." I did this and instead received a message that says "System Error Cycle Power." Hopefully the issue is not the fuser and could instead be a sensor. Would anybody know how to source parts and help me to make that purchase? I can handle the installation.

Any direction would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

Derek

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CLX 3175FN: "System Error Cycle Power" - Was Under Warranty
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CLX 3175FN: "System Error Cycle Power" - Was Under Warranty
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 6, 2010 9:46 AM PST

MinionTech,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I'd like to see if I can help.

First, what region are you inquiring from? U.S. or Canada? Or somewhere else?

--HDTech

Collapse -
LX 3175FN: "System Error Cycle Power" - Was Under Warranty
by MinionTech / December 6, 2010 2:05 PM PST

Hi HDTech,

Thanks for the reply! The printer and I are both in Canada.

Best regards,

Derek

Collapse -
Same problem - printer TOAST!
by irenedesf / January 17, 2011 3:41 PM PST

Dear MinionTech,
I have the same exact problem - one day Heat Error, the next it's never going to work with the System Error Cycle Power message. I haven't even printed 1000 pages in this printer's lifetime. Why would it breakdown so early/easily?

What do I have to do to get one of those Fusers to replace? This sucks.

Thanks, Irene (San Francisco).

Collapse -
by MinionTech / January 18, 2011 6:31 AM PST

Hi Irene,

Have you tried 1-800-SAMSUNG? If that doesn't work you might be in the same boat I am: the proud owner of a semi-to-non-functional Samsung printer that didn't survive a year.

This probably isn't a bad time to ask again if anybody in this forum can help. I've been posting here for over a month. Is anybody able to help me with how to replace the defective sensor and/or fuser?

Best regards,

Derek

Collapse -
by MinionTech / December 17, 2010 9:11 AM PST

Hi,

I could still use some help, so maybe a bit more of an explanation will make the difference.

This printer started to die in July, but I spent the remainder of the summer playing telephone tag with various levels of Samsung tech support in an effort to have a sensor or fuser sent out. I'm a student and when September rolled around I was no longer able to part with my only printer. Now I've had to purchase another printer and can finally manage to send the Samsung printer out for service. ...but I've blown my window of opportunity have that repaired under warranty.

Could somebody please provide direction in where or how to source a replacement fuser sensor so that I do not have to give up on it entirely? Any direction that can be provided would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Derek

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2010 9:28 AM PST

MinionTech,

I can try to help out, although I don't work in the service center, and those decisions aren't at my discretion. But I'll be happy to try.

Do you have a transaction number from when you last spoke with a Samsung representative?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Same problem with Samsung Printer

Minion Tech,

Did you find a solution? I've had my printer just under 2 years (so not under warranty anymore), and the power cycle system error just happened today.

Collapse -
Same problem with my samsung printer... please help!
by dixter109 / December 15, 2011 5:12 PM PST

ouch... my 3175n has the same problem!
it first has the "low heat error" then now it shows "cycle power error"... got a "new" fuser from ebay and its a used and broken one when I open it! so mad at the seller... he's just wasting my time!
Am reporting him right now!

Still need help... anyone know what's the problem?

Many thanks!

Collapse -
Ambassdor will be back next week we hope.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2011 1:29 AM PST

The other two venues are the Facebook page at the top of this forum under SERVICE ISSUES and the phone for Samsung in your country.
Bob

Collapse -
Oops.. disregad
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2010 9:29 AM PST

I saw your initial post above includes it.

I'll follow up and see what I can find out.

--HDTech

Collapse -
No fix that makes $ sense

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"><span id="INSERTION_MARKER">My 3175FW has same problem. None of the quick fixes worked. I took it to a service company. They tried a fuser unit, but that didn't fix it. Their estimate is that the printer needs a new power supply -- $300 before labor. Not worth it. Can't believe I spent that much money for a top quality printer (so I thought) and it lasted less than 2 years. Never again, Samsung.

Collapse -
Just a tip.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 31, 2011 1:46 AM PST

About any printer you see in the stores are 2 year devices. Be sure you know this going in.

Collapse -
No Progress
by MinionTech / August 12, 2012 6:01 AM PDT

Hi,

Nobody got in touch with me and this problem was not resolved. My only recourse is to avoid Samsung products. Hopefully anybody that reads this thread will keep that in mind during their next printer purchase.

Best regards,

Derek

Collapse -
CLX 3170FN System Error Cycle Power
by Ragtop45 / October 10, 2012 8:08 AM PDT
In reply to: No Progress

Same issue, same results. I gave up on Samsung helping the first year. Been 2 years now. Weird: shuts down with this same problem, then a week later it will work again. Repeat.

If it's a fuser, why does it work sometimes? Must be a sensor.

I think I have a similar heat sensor problem with the 61" Samsung DLP TV I've had since Dec 2006. Every 3 to 6 months, it intermittently shuts off, sometimes 3-4 times over 3 hours (wait 10-30 seconds & plays fine). It does it for 1 to 5 days, then it's fine again for months. Weird. It started 3-4 months after purchase, but you can't prove intermittent to get help!

I have a 1-year old Samsung smart phone too; nice features but with a few serious shortcommings.

I too will avoid Samsung electronics in the future. Just cryin' in my beer...

Collapse -
Re: CLX 3170FN System Error Cycle Power
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 11, 2012 12:19 AM PDT

Hi Ragtop45,

I apologize for your experience thus far. I see that your model is a Canadian product. As I support only Samsung US products here, if you could post your transaction #, I can forward that information to our Canada counterparts if you'd like.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
CLX 3175FW System Error Cycle Power
by Ragtop45 / October 12, 2012 7:21 AM PDT

My lazy goof, copy/pasting. Correct model is CLX 3175FW per Fry's receipt, CLX3170 Series per the printer papers.

Most of the time I'm printing only B&W, so I use a different more convenient printer. I need color only a couple times a month (that's why I got laser instead of ink jet that would dry out). Perhaps I use it too little...

Collapse -
Re: CLX 3175FW System Error Cycle Power
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 15, 2012 12:49 AM PDT

Hi RagTop,

Not a problem. Thanks for the clarification. I suppose you may have already tried this, but here's the troubleshooting recommended for this error: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=370723&modelname=CLX-3175FW&modelcode=CLX-3175FW%2FXAA

I realize that there isn't a lot to it, and like I said, you may have tried it already. If you'd like for someone on our social media team to set you up, you can go to this thread where you can get details on setting that up: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-542437/service-issues-click-here-for-help/

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Another fail
by waterman150 / June 28, 2013 8:17 AM PDT

The link takes you to a page where you can submit a service request. US only, so it's about as useful as my dead printer.

Collapse -
Another reason to start your own discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2013 9:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Another fail

MinionTech started this in 2010 and rag jumped in and now you see the issue with jumping in old discussions.

Post a new post with the model, country and if you called in, the transaction number for best results.

This thread is more than 934 days old.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?